Amyae weight difference

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluewater

Reaction score
Hello all, just a little question for the wise onesI have 3 Amyae(f,f,m) all same age, kept in separate tubs but identical conditionsGirl 1 is a good eater and weighs in at 54gGirl 2 is a little fussy and weighs 42gAnd the boy, he's a cranky fella and a measly 31gI understand its normal for males to be smaller, but by this much?Is there any Way to get the other 2 up in weights?In your opinion would they be breedable this seasonThanks in advance, grant

Hi grant I just weighed my 18 month old pair my male weighs 34 grams and my female weighs 38 grams how old are they?

HmmBrought them around a yr ago was told they were 18 mthsHave only increased slightly in weight, except the bigger girl.I guess as long as they are increasing there ok?As for breeding pourpose... Is it worth giving it a shot?

What, and how often are you feeding them? and do you watch to make sure they all get some food and dont bully?

What, and how often are you feeding them? and do you watch to make sure they all get some food and dont bully?
They're all in separate tubs, feeding roaches and crickets every second night, usually around 4 at a time, big girl eats all same night, the others usually eat 2 a night

all seems normal to me mate , if your worried increase the temps slightly and it may increase their appetite

all seems normal to me mate , if your worried increase the temps slightly and it may increase their appetite
I agree with Kupper and wouldn't be too worried. Some animals are always going to be fussy. As long as they are eating regularly (which they seem to be doing) and deficating accordingly I wouldn't be too concerned. Out of interest, what temps are you getting at the warm end of your tubs?? Amyae like a slightly warmer temp (32C) as compared with smooths (28-30C). A few degrees can make a big difference to feeding response.
WRT to breeding, 2.5 yrs old is fine to start breeding them. Try introducing your male into your larger females tub. Keep an eye on them and see what happens. You will pretty quickly get an idea if the female is responsive or not. If she is not obliging, take him out (maybe after 24-48hrs, assuming they are not being agressive) and then reintroduce them again in a couple of weeks.
Good luck. :)

when they start getting underweight theyre spines start to show, (like just after a female lays) if thats not happening and they look healthy i wouldnt worry about the size difference or food intake, my boys are heaps smaller then my girls.

my boys arent eating much at the moment, this happened this time last year too, the girls havent skipped a beat, might be a mating season thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back