Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gus11

Reaction score
so just before i left for a field trip i was shown this water python to see if it was gravid or not. it wasnt but was a nice animal
DSC_1158.jpg

on my way home i found this unfortunate little lesser black whip
DSC_1183.jpg

DSC_1208.jpg

which although looking alive, is dead. i've never really taken posed photos of dead things before but it was so fresh and is nearly unnoticably dead.
finally we headed to my field sites, only to find the river i need to cross to high to safely cross. so we decided to find some snakes for my friend who was volunteering and had some snakes he wanted to see. these included
jungle pythons
DSC_1343.jpg

and scrub pythons
DSC_1353.jpg

we also managed to see this lesser sooty owl
DSC_1301.jpg

and plenty of frogs
litoria xanthomera
DSC_1285.jpg

DSC_1280.jpg

and litoria gracilenta, unfortunately their was so much rain that well the frogs were out in force..usually a good thing except i think without exageration we would have seen more than 1500 road killed individuals.
DSC_1238.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

litoria nasuta
DSC_1326.jpg

the next day there were some skinks my friend wanted to see, crypto litoralis (if thats what it still is) and egernia freri.
so we headed to picton hill at mission beach to see both of these.
we quickly found the crypto
DSC_1370.jpg

then we had someone notice the uni logo and spoke to us about a sea snake washed up on the beach that would make a great museum specimen. so we looked at it and i couldnt decide weather to take it in or see if it would survive upon release. i walked it to the water but it couldnt get the back half of its body under. it had pierce marks from hitting rocks and was heavily gravid so i kept it. i called some friends at the aquarium and they said they would put it in their quaranteen room and get the vet to look at it. once we got it to the aquarium and in a tank it had reduce in size to looking normal and no longer bloated. it still couldnt get fully under the water but was looking better. so now its being cared for and hopefully i'll be able to take it back to be released once it is healthy.
the olive sea snake
DSC_1392.jpg

Gus

lucky u finding all those critters,...

the olive sea snake is awesome!!

great pix, thanks for sharing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back