and another newby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gumleaf

Reaction score
Hi I thought I'd better introduce myself. I have just become a member but have been visiting this site for a few months now. Last year at 47 yo I finally realised my dream and started my snake collection with a shoestring sized spotted python {maculosa}. I was thrilled to finally have one but two days later it died. :cry: So two weeks later I bought a larger one hes still going strong and is my sentimental favourite. Since then I have bought a beautiful diamond with a good nature about 6 foot long. and now I also have a 6 foot long prosper pine carpet python who has only been fed on live food and he strikes thinking i'm going to feed him. It has all taught me how different they can be and I will keep on learning as I go [no doubt] cause Im not finished adding to my collection. I look forward to meeting you all and thanks for all the advice via downloads and info.

welcome to the site, u will have more herps soon, its an addiction 8)

Hey gumleaf, welcome to the site :D Sorry to hear about your first baby :( And I've no doubt you're not finished....it never ends for any of us :lol:

HI Gumleaf. Welcome to Breds' home. Where abouts are ya from? You can put it in yoru profile and it makes it much easier for us all.

cheers mate

pete

Thanks! When I figure it all out I'll put some photos up. It's great to be surrounded by fellow python enthusiasts. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WELCOMES.

I'm from near Pt Pirie in South Australia. I live at the foothills of the Flinders Ranges. We have 8 acres and beardies and sleepies and brown snakes are frequent visitors. Im not so keen on the brownies either are my two Jack Russells.

Hi Gumleaf, i too am new here. and also got my son (self) a blotched mac (He ecsaped after 2 weeks) We then advanced to an atherton jungle (wonderful animal, delight to handle and do wacth him for hours) 3 weeks later Jeffrey(Mac) turns up in the vacuum cleaner hose. So now we have the 2 and they are unreal. Next we are getting some Geckoes (underwoodisaurussess or sumfing) anyway Newby i am i dont know how long they live or much else except my daughter (who likes the snakes0) is in love (and much braver) with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back