and the award for silliest thing said at IRS expo goes to...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's big - but without a tape measure over it, who knows?

It's interesting to note that three out of four of the 3.1m + Carpets I have seen have been slender. The overweight one had been kept in squalor and pumped full of food for years, before it was handed over to a wildlife park.
I have to agree with this, the biggest have always looked unusually thin, and rather docile, maybe they are to old and slow to hunt effectively but im not expert, i can only go on what i have seen.

so the trail bike rider was onto something...

anyone experienced a reaction to a gecko kiss- should Dr. Fry investigate eastern stone gecko saliva for neurotoxins?
or seen a green canetoad?

It's interesting to note that three out of four of the 3.1m + Carpets I have seen have been slender.

The measure of a snake its its volume or mass, not just its length. I have no idea why people fuss about lengths like drunken fishermen. A carton of beer out for a call out fee for a snake catcher would be kind of stupid...

I'm just over 6ft (1.9m)
haha, 1.9 m
My mate who is bloody tall is 195cm or 6ft 6 in.
Just looking how your built your pushing 6.
No offence, but if you were to see someone 1.9m tall you would think, dam they are tall

You could be right there specksta1er, maybe nothing else I said was true either? Maybe thats not a Diamond after all?!

People certainly need to settle down with their guesstimations, yes its a big Carpet, but its not that big!

And there is no Diamonds in Qld! Carpets are variable snakes, I have seen one that would be mistaken for an insane jungle, or a hybrid. Matt, do you have any pics of your carpet? That one would confuse these people.

Last edited:
Tony harrison recently found a 3.1 m carpet. That's what I remember it to be. The thing was huge. Its head as big as his Palm. An awesome sight to see

It's an easy offer to make because he will never be taken up on it. That's the point

This is the biggest "Maleny Diamond" I have ever seen, what size do you guys reckon it is? Must be close to 15ft. Sorry about the picture quality and lack of its full body.
24131_377010998086_745748086_3908929_5287962_n.jpg

24131_377011008086_745748086_3908930_1426646_n.jpg

LOL Nice Diamond ....

That snake has been measured and is by far the biggest carpet that I have seen (after seeing a lot of carpets) and it doesn't even come close to some of the sizes claimed in this thread. It's amazing how many people claim huge carpets and then are shocked when a tape measure is run over the snake and it turns out that it is less than half what they have predicted! Claims of big snakes are so common but no one ever seems to be able to produce these monster snakes when it comes time to accuratly measure them.
Oh and I have never seen a Diamond Python in the Sunshine Coast hinterland (Maleny area) ...I should probably start looking harder?
Your right Matt, things do get smaller when measured. We originally thought this one was bigger turned to be a little smaller than we thought. However me being 6ft4 it was still more than twice my body length with about a foot to spare. This was a wild snake and was released back into the wild, witnessed by half a dozen people who im chasing as we speak to obtain pics.

I measured my diamonds with herp measure the other day and the biggest i have is a black and white female whos just a tad over 8.5 feet using herp measure.
I own the largest diamond I have ever seen and she is 2.75m (9ft).
I also have been relocating snakes here on the central coast for years and see a hell of a lot of diamonds.
The text books max them out at 3m, well even the very old females that are declining on their way to death from old age, still haven't beaten 2.7m.
I would be very impressed to see a diamond over 9.5 ft

You could be right there specksta1er, maybe nothing else I said was true either? Maybe thats not a Diamond after all?!

People certainly need to settle down with their guesstimations, yes its a big Carpet, but its not that big!

And there is no Diamonds in Qld! Carpets are variable snakes, I have seen one that would be mistaken for an insane jungle, or a hybrid. Matt, do you have any pics of your carpet? That one would confuse these people.

That is not a diamond,one simple question, what habitat do diamonds live in?Basically answers itself

dan out of curiosity are you a dentist and thats why u cant show your face on the internet?

Posted this pic before, captive 3m+
I have seen many big 9ft carpets over the years and only seen two that were a genuine 10ft+,
I highly doubt you would find any carpet bigger than that 11ft intergrade found, from looking at the pics, it was a monster!!!
f coastal 14.3kg.jpg1.jpg

dan out of curiosity are you a dentist and thats why u cant show your face on the internet?

Yes I am actually.

And as Matt said, I know it s not a Diamond! It is a common old Coastal found in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Its amazing how many people cant understand sarcasm. This thread is giving me aids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back