Angle heads and frogs. opinions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richoman_3

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im getting some (10+) white lipped tree frog bubs soon. When they get bigger i want to move them into a big 4 foot tank and setup up a rainforest setup and want to put angle headed dragons in.
now, if the dragons and frogs are adults, they would both be too big for eachother too eat?. im guessing it should be ok. but i know frogs can get hungry....
what do you guys think?

You mean Hypsiluris spinipes or H.boydii ? Boyd's get bigger than spinipes and I would not put it past an adult to do serious damage to an adult L.infrafranata. A spinipes on the other hand recquires different climatic conditions than the L.infrafranata so for different reason I would say no.

Neither should full out eat the other but that does not mean one will not be badly injured.

sarah ive got a shed outside :p

hmm ok, yeah i meant spinipes. thanks for that, ive seen it done in zoos though, big frogs with lizards.
could any lizard be ok with it? or best not to risk it....

Some of the skinks such as Pink-tongued, big G.queenslandidae maybe large Eulamprus species and maybe some of the large tropical geckos. Apart from the Pink-tongue the issues with those are the frog eating the skink or gecko. Pink-tongue is probably big enough to be safe and not too big to be problematic although take it from me and experience Pink-tongues hurt a lot when they bit.

You can keep frogs with pink Tongues? Awesome, I'd love to have a rainforest tank with my P/T's and some frogs!
Edit: VVVV Good point geckphotographer, it'd be cool but I probably wont risk it.

Last edited:
You can keep frogs with pink Tongues? Awesome, I'd love to have a rainforest tank with my P/T's and some frogs!

My advice is not the final word on the issue. You watch somebody will be along shortly to flame what I have said.

It depends on the temperament and size of each animal I'd assume.

It is interesting you ask this kinda question about snakes, tis like a volcano is dropped on you. Ask it about frogs and nobody home.

I have housed 15 white lips with numerous Angle heads and soon after swapped the angle heads for boyds with no dramas at all. Also put scrubbies in the mix aswell......As someone suggested its best done when they are close to full grown. Its easy to do and looks pretty spectacular.....Just keep them well fed to avoid aggression

i know a guy who i bought my green tree frogs off who keeps an eastern water dragon in with 4 frogs in a 6foot tank

I have housed 15 white lips with numerous Angle heads and soon after swapped the angle heads for boyds with no dramas at all. Also put scrubbies in the mix aswell......As someone suggested its best done when they are close to full grown. Its easy to do and looks pretty spectacular.....Just keep them well fed to avoid aggression

yes awesome thanks!
cant wait to set this up!
is a 4 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 ft tank big enough you think?

thanks heaps guys!
might add some native fish aswell!

This is Possible, its definitely possible. Its just you will need a nice sized tank at least 4ft tall by 3ft wide to house them as the frogs are nocturnal and at night will stress out the dragons.

This is Possible, its definitely possible. Its just you will need a nice sized tank at least 4ft tall by 3ft wide to house them as the frogs are nocturnal and at night will stress out the dragons.

hmmm ok.
Farma gave me an idea not long ago, to make the tank taller by adding an extension to it, (wood holding glass together, that could work aswell).
i might only put a few frogs in there if they all cant fit., and by also adding the extension i could also have bout 25cm of water and having some rainbow fish in there

im thinking now,
if this goes well, i could even try daintys and water skinks and put some smaller fish in there with them :)
recon i could chuck a keelback in the mix with the white lips and angle headeds, worried coz ive seen pics of bigger frogs eating snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back