Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bapi

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have been watching peoples discussions recently on other albino carpet pythons strains and i now have permission from the owner to confirm that there is a second line of albino carpets thats due on to the market this breeding season. They are completely unrelated to Blondie and her descendents. At this stage we do not know if its the same mutation as Blondies although both strains are complete albinos and the same carpet subspecies. The albino mutation appeared in captive bred hatchlings that are unrelated to Blondies desecendents. The founders of this strain were wild caught in the Darwin rural area (under permit). I have been observing the development of this strain for many years now and can vouch for the fact that they existed before blondies offspring were available.

stephen

What do you mean by complete albinos? Either it is an albino or it isnt

Do you have photos... come on, no photos no proof, no proof, didnt really happen ;p

i second that photos or it didnt happen

Ok so is there pics or anything to prove all this? Also was the albino wild caught or did it show up in wild caught standard animals that were bred together?

Who's to say they aren't related to blondie? Wasn't blondie found in rural Darwin? Could be her parents...

Either way it sounds good, unrelated albinos.... wooooo

Kane

Yes its an albino- (its a Tyrosinase negative albino) - I meant as opposed to a dilute, leucistic or Tyrosinase positive albino.

Will post pics as soon as i can work out how to attach them.

who did the testing on this to check if it is Tyr-neg

and as far as attaching pics,
click on "Go Advanced"

Then when the new little screen appears, click on the paperclip

Cheers

Steve, What makes you say its a different line to Blondie? Does it look any different.? what has it been mated with?

A good 10 years ago i was at a reptile show and i helped the guy pack up his stuff and he told me about a dead 5ft albino carpet he had preserved in a large jar.

He told me a bloke was fishing on a river bank and it came swiming across at him and he bashed it with a big tree branch and took it home.
It was after this he was telling the reptile exhibitor he had a large white snake in a jar, the bloke i was speaking to didnt belive him and went and had a look....and to his surprise and dissapointment, he identified it as an albino carpet.

who knows how many different lines are out there, until the "reptiles Australia albino special" i didnt know half of those albies exsisted either.

With all seriousness i would need to see the collection permits with dates, original pictures with dates and some kind of DNA test to show it is a different blood line to blondie. But i have heard rumors of a 2nd albino being captured from the same area as blondie.

Seriously if this was produced longer ago than blondies off spring were available we would be seeing atleast 2nd maybe 3rd clutch from this line.

I'm sorry, i am an absolute sceptic. I think your friend might just be trying to add a higher value to the snakes they have. But i would love to be proven wrong and am willing to listen to some kind of evidence.

I imagine if they have been in captivity for this long then the owner should be able to produce lots of pics, as well as all the necessary documentation to prove these claims.I know if I was in that position i'd have it all ready for the sceptics before I went public :)so come on mate, proof:lol:

I dont see how this situation is as unbelievable, as most are making it out to be.... is it so far fetched that blondie has sibs, maybe even older sibs? Actually the possibility of hets out there is pretty high, but I spose this is just a lesson in the negative nature of the amateur herp scene.

I dont see how this situation is as unbelievable, as most are making it out to be.... is it so far fetched that blondie has sibs, maybe even older sibs? Actually the possibility of hets out there is pretty high, but I spose this is just a lesson in the negative nature of the amateur herp scene.

I think that you have misunderstood, the origanal post says that it is a total different line than blondie, there is no dobt that blondie has sibs out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back