Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see how this situation is as unbelievable, as most are making it out to be.... is it so far fetched that blondie has sibs, maybe even older sibs? Actually the possibility of hets out there is pretty high, but I spose this is just a lesson in the negative nature of the amateur herp scene.

I really don't see what is beleivable about it at this stage. It is of course possible, same as it is possible that a pair of albino darwins spontaneously hatched in the UK.

C'mon! 'a friend of mine says they have this.' And then a bit of a story. No pics as yet, no evidence at all. A claim such as this one needs to have some kind of documentation behind it. Like i said i would love to be convinced as if is true it is nothing but good news for herpers. But for now i am a sceptic.

you would think blondie had other brothers and sisters (albinos) in her clutch

I think that you have misunderstood, the origanal post says that it is a total different line than blondie, there is no dobt that blondie has sibs out there.

true, donk, I see your point...

But anyone who honestly believes that there arent sibs out there, needs their head read, furthermore, anyone who actually believe that they hatched the albinos in Europe, skip the quack and just commit yourself.

The chances of there only being two Hets in the wild and these two Hets happening to meet once and produce Blondie are astronomical. Chances are albino Darwin Hets are alot more common in the wild then people think, it would only take one of these Hets to be collected from the wild and with the amount of selective inbreeding that occurs in the hobby, secondary lines of albinos would be produced.

Not that long ago, a new member posted a thread claiming that their mate had a Albino Eastern Water Dragon.
And amazingly not long after they posted photos of the animal, so you never bloody know eh! lol

Stephen, you don't seem to have a PM function. How can i contact you? or if you want you can email me waruikazi @ homail.com

Cheers mate
would be appreciated.

Hi Guys, sorry to dissapoint but for reasons known only to my computer I can't seem to get pics to attach. (plus I keep getting emergencies every time I sit down to work it out) Gordo do you want to come around to the clinic tomorrow and help lisa put them on? - i guess that lets you know who I am :) In terms of how unrelated the two blood lines we have no way of knowing. I have spoken to a number of labs around the country to get DNA fingerprinting done and this is likely soon but not yet available. They may be totally different mutations. In ball pythons there are at least two different albino mutations which when crossed together do not produce albinos (you get normals het for both mutations) until somebody crosses the two lines together we wont know. If on the other hand they are the same mutation then they are likely to be distantly related as this lines ancestors were found about 30kms from Blondie. Not impossible but distant. Some populations do have a high proportion of albinos such as the japanese rat snake (Elaphe climacophora) perhaps the darwin carpets are very slightly more prone to producing albinos - who knows? Anyway in terms of photographic proof - you will have to wait until I can figure out my technical difficulties.

Cheers
Stephen

Hi Guys, sorry to dissapoint but for reasons known only to my computer I can't seem to get pics to attach. (plus I keep getting emergencies every time I sit down to work it out) Gordo do you want to come around to the clinic tomorrow and help lisa put them on? - i guess that lets you know who I am :) In terms of how unrelated the two blood lines we have no way of knowing. I have spoken to a number of labs around the country to get DNA fingerprinting done and this is likely soon but not yet available. They may be totally different mutations. In ball pythons there are at least two different albino mutations which when crossed together do not produce albinos (you get normals het for both mutations) until somebody crosses the two lines together we wont know. If on the other hand they are the same mutation then they are likely to be distantly related as this lines ancestors were found about 30kms from Blondie. Not impossible but distant. Some populations do have a high proportion of albinos such as the japanese rat snake (Elaphe climacophora) perhaps the darwin carpets are very slightly more prone to producing albinos - who knows? Anyway in terms of photographic proof - you will have to wait until I can figure out my technical difficulties.

Cheers
Stephen

Stephen, when you go to reply to a topic, under the text window there is a button called "Manage Attachments". Click this button. Then when the box pops up hit "browse" on the right hand side of the box and search your comp for the pics. Then hit the "upload button" and it will reset the box and you will be able to ad more pics.

Other wise, if you e-mail me the pictures I can attach them for you.

Kane

Mmmmmmm words taste good :lol:

Yep just ate my words. I am now a beleiver. Lisa and Steve rang me last night confirming the story and i'm going around today to have a chat. :)

Words don't tast real good.

gordo_1629.jpg

gordo004.jpg

gordo003.jpg

There we go.

Thanks Gordo, thats fantastic news for everyone & they are absolute stunners.Congrats to your friends:)

Haha, I love it when people jump to conclusions so quickly!

The albino in the bottom 2 pics is a stunning snake!

Thanks Gordo, thats fantastic news for everyone & they are absolute stunners.Congrats to your friends:)

Why is it fantastic news for everyone? lots of people have them.

They are very pretty snakes congrats to the owners, but if they did come along before blondie then the owners really did miss the boat.

Saying that there is still a truck load of money to be made from them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back