Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it fantastic news for everyone? lots of people have them.

They are very pretty snakes congrats to the owners, but if they did come along before blondie then the owners really did miss the boat.

Saying that there is still a truck load of money to be made from them :D

If you think they have missed the boat, i recon you are wrong.

Learn from me... words don't tast real good lol :)

I must admit, I don't really get it. Blondie was found in '92, this "other" line of albino's pre-dates blondie but they've never sold them or told anyone about them till now? They could easily have bred several thousand albinos in that time.

it is a complete new blood line. Bigger, stronger and more pretty!

what evidence can you give us to support the above statement please Gordo or Stephen?

In terms of how unrelated the two blood lines we have no way of knowing. I have spoken to a number of labs around the country to get DNA fingerprinting done and this is likely soon but not yet available. They may be totally different mutations. In ball pythons there are at least two different albino mutations which when crossed together do not produce albinos (you get normals het for both mutations) until somebody crosses the two lines together we wont know. If on the other hand they are the same mutation then they are likely to be distantly related as this lines ancestors were found about 30kms from Blondie. Not impossible but distant.

So there is a 'possibility' of them being different mutations, but we won't know until two albino animals from 'each strain' are mated together.

But chances are they are probably the exact same mutation as Blondie and related anyway. So if that turns out to be the case, what would make them so special in comparison to the existing strain from Southern Cross?

Obviously they may have some different bloodlines in their make-up but are they so different to the albinos from SXR anyway?

Please realise I"m not trying to put these animals down or dispute whats been claimed so far, I would just like some clarification of exactly what is known for fact so far.

One thing that puzzles me is this:

If this other strain has been in existance prior to the Blondie strain, why has there been no mention of them before this? And why mention them now? If they have been around and kept under wraps, I would have at least put a SXR animal across one of these animals (if they were mine) to at least prove they are the same mutation or different before I'd make this above news public. So far all these claims of a "new line and new albino mutation" have been suggested without one piece of evidence (that I"ve seen anyway) to back the claims up.

It would seem reasonable to me to wait until some facts are known (eg: same mutation or different albino etc) before publicly making claims with no evidence at all.

I hope that it is a new albino mutation etc as that would be fantastic, but would like some clarification please on what are the facts so far as I"m very interested in this thread.

thanks heaps :D

If you read his first post carefully he only said that albino's were bred sometime before blondie's offspring were available, from wild caught parents. He never said that they pre-existed blondie, so that may well be the reason we havn't heard of them untill now.

just a note, if they had bred them with southern cross lines they wouldn't be special now would they. however they haven't been crossed and are from a different line.
L

Fair enough JP2 my mistake.
I have been observing the development of this strain for many years now and can vouch for the fact that they existed before blondies offspring were available.

But if they have been around before blondies offspring were available, the main point of what I asked is still valid and unanswered.

I would love to see some actual evidence that these animals are in fact different from the Southern Cross Reptile strain from Blondie or a different albino mutation.
(And don't get me wrong I sincerely hope they are as that would be really fantastic)

what evidence can you give us to support the above statement please Gordo or Stephen?

So there is a 'possibility' of them being different mutations, but we won't know until two albino animals from 'each strain' are mated together.

But chances are they are probably the exact same mutation as Blondie and related anyway. So if that turns out to be the case, what would make them so special in comparison to the existing strain from Southern Cross?

Obviously they may have some different bloodlines in their make-up but are they so different to the albinos from SXR anyway?

Please realise I"m not trying to put these animals down or dispute whats been claimed so far, I would just like some clarification of exactly what is known for fact so far.

One thing that puzzles me is this:

If this other strain has been before blondies offspring were available, why has there been no mention of them before this? And why mention them now? If they have been around and kept under wraps, I would have at least put a SXR animal across one of these animals (if they were mine) to at least prove they are the same mutation or different before I'd make this above news public. So far all these claims of a "new line and new albino mutation" have been suggested without one piece of evidence (that I"ve seen anyway) to back the claims up.

It would seem reasonable to me to wait until some facts are known (eg: same mutation or different albino etc) before publicly making claims with no evidence at all.

I hope that it is a new albino mutation etc as that would be fantastic, but would like some clarification please on what are the facts so far as I"m very interested in this thread.

thanks heaps :D

you gotta come out of the closet sometime and why not come out just short of hatchie season.smart thinking i reckon.

just a note, if they had bred them with southern cross lines they wouldn't be special now would they. however they haven't been crossed and are from a different line.
L

At least we would know if they are the same albino mutation as Blondie or a different albino mutation. If they are a different albino mutaion then a mystery albino x Blondie albino would produce all normal looking darwins het for both albino strains. If that is the case it would be sensational world breaking news waruikazi and make them VERY special indeed :D

If however albinos are produced then we know that they are definitely the same albino strain as blondie. I think its a reasonable thing to know.

And as I said I hope they are a new albino strain etc and I"m not trying to shoot these claims of a new bloodline etc but would like some clarification on what are the facts that are known so far, thats all.. I think thats fairly reasonable. :D

Lets assume hypothetically :D that it is the same albino strain as blondie and distantly related, but related nonetheless. Ok, so both lines have had some different darwin bloodlines added to strengthen the original mutation, but are still basically the same mutation developed from the same original source.

Is thats what is being possibly suggested?

Even if a Het of each line produced an albino I don't think it would necessarily mean the mutation is exactly the same or definitely related. Although it would seem likely, regardless as long as they are not directly related to Blondie I think it is fair to call them a new and separate line.

Just to throw a spanner in the works perhaps there is a third albino darwin strain,even if it happens to be in Europe.

nice snake in the mating pic! the one with that weird white colour looked okay too i guess

how do you actually know its a different line to blondie? As said before chances are there would be other hets out there and possibly even albinos, the albino that was Wc may have just been a sibling to blondie

Well they're hotter than blondies line either way in my opinion...from pics anyways:)

Just to throw a spanner in the works perhaps there is a third albino darwin strain,even if it happens to be in Europe.

I hope thats a tounge-in-cheek comment, you seriously think that a sexual pair of darwins just happened to pop up in another country about the same time they started to be bred over here??

Well they're hotter than blondies line either way in my opinion...from pics anyways:)

What? I fail to see why this is a 'hotter' looking snake. I think its actually a pretty ordinary looking albino in my opinion.

I agree that it is good that there is a chance we may have a another bloodline, but tell me why people think it is stronger and better.Because its a new thing?

What? I fail to see why this is a 'hotter' looking snake. I think its actually a pretty ordinary looking albino in my opinion.

I agree that it is good that there is a chance we may have a another bloodline, but tell me why people think it is stronger and better.Because its a new thing?

According to the person i was talking to regarding these animals and blondie, these are bigger and healthier looking than blondie ever was. That could be cause by husbandry or it could be a genetic thing. They have seen and held both lines of these animals and from their opinion the new line of albino's are better looking.

A possible reason these have never been crossed with blondies line is because there would then be real doubt about where this line came from. people could say 'well he has the SXR line, what's to say it isn't one of theirs?'

From the conversation i had today, the adult male in the pic was the only albino out of an average size clutch. That wouldn't lend too much to the het theory.

There are always going to be sceptics, even i was one, but i guess if you don't beleive it there's not alot anyone can do about it. But this is exciting stuff!

A possible reason these have never been crossed with blondies line is because there would then be real doubt about where this line came from. people could say 'well he has the SXR line, what's to say it isn't one of theirs?'

From the conversation i had today, the adult male in the pic was the only albino out of an average size clutch. That wouldn't lend too much to the het theory.quote]

You have just said they keep both lines!!!:D I don't see how a cross would alter their credibility either way.
Having one albino out of a clutch isn't all that unreasonable, each egg would have had a 25% chance of being albino if the genetics are typical for albino's that doesn't always mean 25% of the offspring are albino though.

No i didn't say that he has both lines and he doesn't. I said it is an argument people could use to discredit the story. I know the possiblities of a single coming from a pair of hets is there but unlikely, in reality i think you would have as much chance to hatch out the first mutant in the line as collecting two hets from the wild. DNA testing is the only way that it can be proved or disproved as to being the same morph or not.

But anyway that is really neither here nor there. It's new and wicked!

JP2, have to agree with you again. The punnets used to predict bacic mendellian inheritence, are nothing more than a guide, and nature always figures out a way to break the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back