Another Easter Herping Thread (pic heavy)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Some of what Matt (Mattsnake) and I found over the last 2 nights. Was an interesting few nights with plenty of furry things making noises - including 2 Spotted Quolls! There was a massive Red Bellied Black living near our tent, but managed to escape photo's a few times.

Start with the best find - A Stephens Banded in the freezing cold (around 16 degrees) discovered by Matt taking a leak at 3am.
Picture031-2.jpg

Picture027-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

Found 2 Roughies, the one pictured below was a bloody monster!
Picture013-2.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture021-2.jpg

A few Small Eyed's, 1 also being bloody huge (2nd photo)
Picture006-3.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

A Golden Crowned
Picture046-4.jpg

Picture044-2.jpg

Carpet
Picture047-3.jpg

Picture051-2.jpg

Angle Headed
Picture040.jpg

Picture041-1.jpg

Spotted Velvet
Picture004-2.jpg

And another big find, a giant Toad!
Picture003.jpg

Well you beat me to creating a thread lol, should I bother putting my pics up now?

Nice pictures though, love the first one of the Stephen's!

Haha sorry Matt, I'm procrastinating, beats mowing the lawns! Definitely put yours up, you've got better photo's. Especially the ones of that Roughie

Cool pics Dan! Though I have to laugh at your comment "...in the freezing cold (around 16 degrees)" :lol: Try herping early hours down in Tassie/Vicco :p

Beautiful snakes thanks so much for sharing !! You must have had a lovely Easter.

Elizabeth

Cool pics Dan! Though I have to laugh at your comment "...in the freezing cold (around 16 degrees)" :lol: Try herping early hours down in Tassie/Vicco :p

Before Matt yelled "Stepehens Banded!" I was sitting in my chair with a jumper on under my doonah, and I could see my breath! It was cold!
I think herping the early hours down there this time of year would be out of the question haha, I care not for hypothermia!

Noice! Very jealous! All I found were green tree frogs and a copper-tailed skink. Although the cat found the skink, so really all I found were frogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back