Another little house guest (couple of small pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Went into the hallway tonight and saw this guy up on the wall- we currently have 4 cats in the house (kept indoors) and this guy most certainly was not safe, so I quickly took these crap pics, carefully caught him and took him outside. I know it would have stressed him, but its better than the alternative.

(edit- NO comments about the cats, please. They are indoors, and I quite obviously care about our natives as well.).

Also, I just noticed that the first two digits on the right forefoot look as though they're fused. what could have caused this? (Yes I know it has a regenerated tail as well)

velvet1.jpg

velvet2.jpg

velvet3.jpg

velvet4.jpg

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, its a robust velvet gecko (someone posted something in another thread about people not giving the name of the animals in pics :))

Edit; and should I say "her"? Never tried sexing them before, but it doesn't seem to have much of a bulge at the base of the tail?

it always surprises me how skinny wild gex/zards are... there i was over the xmas break paranoid over my hatchies not eating enough due to lack of crix supply. i spent 3 daze dashing around my kitchen with my fish net for fruit flies to feed them... ok it was pretty fun, but on the scale of things... probably not nescessarry.

its nice to see not every one in fnq is like my mother who puts them up the vacuum -never to be seen again

(edit- NO comments about the cats, please. They are indoors, and I quite obviously care about our natives as well.).

I can't speak for everyone obviously, but I have no problem with people owning cats- I only have a problem when people let their cats out! Keeping your cats indoors means you're a responsible cat owner, so no-one really has any grounds to chew you out on that.

Good on ya for the gecko rescue... strange about its toes though. Guess it's just one of those freaky occurrences.

grate robusts velvet gecko what a cute little native gex looks a bit on the skinny side tho one thing i can say its a female only young there is a lot of compatiton with asian house geckos for food and feeding spots good to have around tho just hope your cats dont get them as they come down the walls some times velvets have a home place thay like to hang arround so it will probbley be back there in a few weeks about its toes it looks like it might not have shead the skin on its toes causeiing them to join together

borntobnude, this little one was actually near the Gold coast, south east QLD :) I'm not up in tville at the moment, though will be going back up soon. And I adore geckos, so they most certainly would not end up in a vacuum etc! Thats insanely cruel to start with...

Renegade, I lol'd at that :) sounds like something I'd do, lol! At least you love the animals in your care, and it shows :)

mouse_has_faith, I was just included the comment about the cats because a lot of members here ALWAYS feel the need to comment, even if I specifically say my cats are indoors.

Geckoman, we did have a heap of AHG's around, but they seem to have dwindled in numbers, and it actually appears as though these velvets are on the rise in #'s! (being spotted more often now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back