Another New Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
I was rather productive yesterday. Walked heaps, installed a new farm gate latch (to prevent Bailey the Escapologist from doing exactly that) and Chris and I fixed up a new outdoor enclosure for the Beardies. Basically they will get to use it to sit outside and bask all day long and will probably come inside of a night time. It's not really a permanent deal. I will make a lizard pit for that!

It is fairly simple, but huge, and protects them from cats/dogs/kids/birds/etc that we have around the place all the time.
There is insect screen up to prevent predators from getting in, and the screen only goes halfway down to a) give shadey areas and b) to prevent cats, dogs and young kids trying to get at them.

The enclosure screen looks really dark in the piccies but it's not really.

I still have to add locks to the doors and a shelf half way up the screen to put extra food and water and for them to sit, and a few more higher logs which we are screwing into place so that if a dog or child bumps it everything does not fall down. I can easily scrub all the logs on cleaning day.

I have popped some piccies up in the gallery, tell me what you think.

HI stretch that looks so great.!!! your beardies will have fun in there, and be safe too.
You have inspired me now - I have seen old cupboards and entertainment units at garage sales and can now see endless possibilities, certainly a way to have an 'original' enclosure. Were you the person that has laybyed a telephone box as a beardie enclosure? Love that idea too!!!
where's the trading post?

Meg

Yup I am the one with the old phone box on lay by!

I was actually quite susprised at how much stuff I have that I can convert into great enclosures! The white cupboard was in my storage area, given to me by someone, and I came up with the old 'meat safe' idea for the lizards.

Less thank $10 for the good strength insect screen and that is all!!

I am going to make an anclosure out of another old wardrobe but will use steel mesh as it will be for snakes as they tend to look for ways out!

I cannot wait to see how the phone box idea pans out! We will use the bottom section (once we have actually made it a bottom section!) as a place to put my stereo and cds/videos/dvd's etc and then use the place where the stereo was for another enclosure! Right next to the beardies current spot! I will have the most interesting entertainment unit in Gunning hehehehehe.

Amazing what you can do for next to no $$$ when you have next to no $$$ and a desire for a bigger collection! And they are all sympathetic to our 100+ year old house!

Where are my manners!!!!! I am so excited about building these things I completely forgot to thank you for your compliment!!!

Thank you :)

Sue

NOTE: I dont think your reptiles would like to be housed next to your stereo (especially when you are listening to death metal!)

bahahahahaa
Never fear, my darling babies are not subjected to loud music. Far more of a concern is the noise of 5 kids!! hehehe

nice cage stretch! :) im gathering ideas for an outside enclosure, that insect screen looks like a winner. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back