another shedding question... sorry guys!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezmay

Reaction score
hey, my 9month old childrens python started shedding yesterday and has shed his head and tail bit the rest remains on. it has all come off in little bits and seems like he is having problems getting it off? how long do u give them to try get it off themselves?! if i put him in a damp pillow case is he gonna be really ****ty?? i have read other posts and this seems like the next step?? also, he is coming over to the door and acting hungry... should i try feed him or wait til he has shed properly?? thanx :)

I would be soaking him in warm water for about 20minutes. Then you can assist him by helping him get it off. After he has had a good soak it should just slip off pretty easy. He won't like it, but he needs it. Next time you notice him go into shed mode, mist him daily until he has shed, that will help with humidity and keeping his skin moist so he won't have the same problem. After you have got his skin off, there is no reason to starve him any longer.

just curious , noticed you live in the NT do you have air-conditioning in the house where the snakes are kept ? just it sound like its a humidity problem your having if its coming off in lots of flakey bits and air con takes the moisture right out of the air which would lead to bad sheds

its all good now!!!... put him in sum water and soaked him... he seemed to not mind it at all and then shed came straight off :)
i am in NT and air con is only on from 5pm - 8 pm sum days?! (its a restaurant!!) :)

do you have one of those hygrometer things to read humidity , maybe get one if you keep having troubles :) atleast then you know if the humidity is low , i give my snakes a light mist when there coming into shed and i think its a bit dry and i havent had a problem yet but i might just be lucky

yeah, i havnt had a prob till now... wasnt as bad as i thought it was going to be tho!! iv only got a crappy one that im not sure reads it correctly :( i will get one but i dont think it was a humidity prob as it is quite humid here at the moment and the aircon hasnt really been on much at all?! oh well, he is great now and looks spunky again ;) lol gonna go feed him now cos he is searching :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back