another wild carpet visits our Quail in avairy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Reaction score
This big 2.7mtr carpet visited our Jap-Quail -Avairy tonight .
This one was too big to get into the avairy and take a Quail.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0036.JPG
    IMG_0036.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0053.JPG
    IMG_0053.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 208
ha, do you get a few around there? where abouts in Brissy are you? My brother was in cashmere and they used to be in his roof alot....
Lucky he didn't get in there, you wouldn't have had quite so many quails.......

Sweet it's always good to see big guys like this still around .did you move him/her on or just leave it there .??

I'm curious - were your quails aware it was there? Did it bother them?

aww i feel sorry for the snake he looks hungry it would hit my soft pot and id give him a quail haha

haha,
mum was walking in the garden when she stepped on a 2.5 metre coastal carpet,
hissed and slithered off.
she nearly died of a heart attack.
me and my brother moved it away from the house. so docile.

Yeah I'm curious too with the big fella. Looks like according to the pic of it in the plastic tub that you were able to move him to "safer" ground. To all u peeps out there that find them like in the pics above, even though it's a python do u have a standard way of approaching in order to make the rescue??? Or is it merely gauge the reptile and go from there???

Soon to be woma owner hopefully so trying to get as much info as possible.

Thanks forum.

I move them deep into the state forest . I have seen bigger carpets than this one over the last 15yrs. Some carpets have entered the garage which is under the home looking for my rats. One night I noticed that some jars of nails were moved and I found a 1mtr carpet on my bench.
The Jap Quail were ok and calm with this carpet being under their avairy and they don't bother too much . I breed the jap-Quail for feed for my pythons.
This one was not a problem to pick up.
The neighbours have asked me to move a few from their homes over the years.

Nice looking animal brent - ive noticed an increase is the number of roadkill snakes around samford area over the past few weeks and also a few more around warwick too. This seems to be the time of year for them to be out and about. A friend of mine in mitchy brought me a 4ft carpet he found in his chicken coop the other week too.....

Its great seeing these large pythons out and about, i had to go and retrieve a large one at Toowong - 7kgs but sadly had a tumour on his lower jaw and about 1-2 feet of tail missing, must have lived in the area for a long period of time. Lucky the home owners were animal lovers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back