Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The true original blonde macs are a locality form, from a certain area close to cooktown. These animals are where the name blonde mac came from and are imo the only true blonde macs. I think it was Bob Whithy,(bigguy), who first came up with the name for this locality of macs.
Yet these days everyone seems to want to call their animals blond macs no matter where they originate from. Ive seen people call their macs blonde from cairns animals to s/e qld animals and every where in bettween.
Quite funny really.

i bought a blond macc off bob, hardly blond at all! i payed 250 for her but im still very happy with her!
great pics everyone btw! i'll try get some of mine on later! i have to build a few things outside first! LOL!!!!
just a question on childrens, i have a pair of katherine childreni right, are they also known as patternless (mine have pretty much no pattern) or are they just a patternless snake for katherine????

Luke

Patternless childrens can come from a number of different localities, they are quite common around the MT Isa area for example. Not all katherine childrens are patternless either.

There was a thread way back on this same topic and yes Bob W did coin the phrase however that doesn't mean that only the animals that conform to what he's coined as blondes are blondes.Bob gave a description of what makes a blonde a blonde and many macs from different areas conform to these standards such as some animals I've seen that came from Port Douglas which were posted in the thread I mentioned and Bob agreed that even though these animals didn't look exactly like his strain these were still blondes and these don't get to the sizes that Bobs do which can be 5 foot long.

There are also the platinum macs bred by indicus which are totally different to any other macs out there and imo are still blondes having very reduced patterns and still conform to what makes a blonde a blonde and are extremely light coloured animals which are actually born pink and were labelled Platinums not as a marketing ploy but because they are completely different looking to the original blondes coined by Bob W and turn out to be the most attractive macs I've seen which is just my opinion.

Quite a few people have them now and I'm sure would agree they are a lovely form of blonde macs and do vary as any animal does with the nicer looking specimens getting a lovely light yellow hue to them with a very reduced spotted pattern.Some selective breeding on these should produce some crackers.

If anyone who has some nice Platinums with the nice yellow hue they get as they age and colour up could they please post some pics?

I do agree however that many animals people call blondes aren't proper blondes and just light coloured macs but nothing like the true forms.Pike posted a pic of a very light mac so similar to a Platinum which came from Townsville but just because it didn't come from Cooktown etc doesn't mean it wasn't a blonde as it was very very light coloured and wasn't a brunette that's for sure:lol:

Browns,- tremains platinum line of macs are actually natural intergrades, (as he will agree), so a totally different kettle of fish altogether so can not even be compared to a true blonde mac.

I tend to disagree with what you say about the blondes. Light coloured macs can be found all over their range. One of the lightest and largest macs ive seen,(over 5 feet), was from the hinterland behind caboolture in s/e qld, but i would not call it a blonde. To me the true blonde macs are the cooktown form as its not just colour but pattern as well that makes them what they are. This is the form that blonde mac was named for, but these days anyone with light coloured macs from anywhere in their range call them blondes,(hell alot of what get called blondes arnt even very light). Not all cooktown macs are blondes either.

Doesn't the Blonde Mac, traditionally, have goldish spots down their sides?

rob, why don't you write a book on what the rest of us don't know ? how many threads of yours start with IMO ??? your opinion don't mean squat all to me or a lot of other people, everyone is entitled to an opinion and they vary so much from expert to expert ! gee, if only the rest of us knew a fraction of what you do !

hahaha classic, just because your so called blonde macs arnt blonde macs ah mark. hahaha.

A bit of a tall poppy issue there Herpkeeper?

Rob's opinion does count on this site, due to the excess of armchair herpers who have opinions based on the internet, most here appreciate informative comments from real herpers with real experience,

I fail to see the reason you attack him on this thread?

and i suppose these are not blondes ??? :rolleyes: and for someone who hasn't seen my collection for so long , how do you no what i have ??? LOL ;)

Last edited:
A bit of a tall poppy issue there Herpkeeper?

Rob's opinion does count on this site, due to the excess of armchair herpers who have opinions based on the internet, most here appreciate informative comments from real herpers with real experience,

I fail to see the reason you attack him on this thread?

Just Rob's charisma IMO;)

Great looking antaresia's all.

Because i know the macs that youve bred from mark, and you told me yourself they bred again this season, or are we telling fibs again.?.

and for your imfo rob, i have 8 macs, take your pick ???

if blonde mac is a local not a colour morph ect .. and you have a mac that is all black from cooktown no patterern just a dirt ugly looking thing .. you can say here is my blonde mac its from cooktown its not blonde but its a blonde . i dont get it .. :? cant people just call things how they look ? give it a local thats about it .....

No one can "force" an opinion on anyone, read and accept, or read and discard, if you know better!

Ad I tend to agree that having herpers with real experience is a valuable thing for this site, especially seeing as there are LOTS of armchair herpers out there. Until I met rob I was one of them, but his knowledge and information has encouraged me to get out and see it for myself. If half the "know alls" and name callers on this site got out and saw some stuff for them self then their opinions might change.

Heprkeeper how about shows some facts to back up your statements instead of acting like a 2 year old and resorting to name callin lol. Some people need to act their age.

Hahaha

Way to send a good thread off topic....

Nice Antaresias from everyone who posted pics..... theres some real screamers amongst them.

Its amusing how often Trueblue offers his "own" opinion, of his "own" accord, only to be followed up by the same group of lackeys who tow the line, try thinking for yourselves fellas, its not as scary a prospect as it seems.

Sorry I thought this was a public forum where we all have opinions some that agree with what some think and some that don't. The whole public forum thing means we can agree or disagree with what we want. Doesn't give anyone the right to call names. It is common decency to take opinion as it is, if you dont agree state that but dont resort to name calling eg hole sniffers, lackeys etc etc

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, so just let them have them. No one said you have to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back