Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I am happy with the support/consideration that has been shown by most the APS users. Only if general society was as excepting (jags is still a long way off), the world would be a better place.

I quoteth from Lynnes book of common sense.

"Stop questioning others lives and live your own, ya fool!"

There endeth the message.

This is straight from the son of God's mouth, none of this messenger bizzo!1 John 1:9-10

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and
just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we
claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place
in our lives.

None of us are perfect thats right, but we gotta try...

Hebrews 10:26
For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left.

Jude 4
My reason is that certain men have slipped in who have long ago been appointed by the Scriptures to this judgment, ungodly men, turning the undeserved kindness of our God into an excuse for loose conduct and proving false to our only Owner and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Everyone can decide how to live their own lives and although ppl might not agree with each other at least we as individuals can treat each other with decency and respect, right?;)

Last edited:
The Bible is probably the most hypocritical book there is - it tells you that 'God loves everyone, he made us all' - then wouldn't he love gays because he made them that way?
And for all the morons that say that it's "unnatural", it has been scientifically proven (with studies dating back to the 60's) that homosexuality is a natural form of human sexuality. There really shouldn't be any questions about the gay marriage laws - homosexual marriage should be considered perfectly normal, because it's as natural as heterosexual marriage.

Good to see that most people on APS have their heads screwed on right.. unlike the rest of society.

it's pretty typical isn't it? those most vocal are those who most often have something to hide themselves.
I hope they play this one to death, and make her suffer for her double standard bigotry.

Geez enough is enough eh, whinging lobbying anally inclined people toughen up a bit eh?
I am prejudiced against for not giving a fark about ya.

huh? what exactly are you prejudiced against and how?
you do know that about half of heterosexual couples partake in it as well right?
and if you don't give (as you so eloquently put it) a fark about it all, then how does it effect you?
are you being repressed somehow?
I don't see any gay people roaming the streets at 7am Saturday knocking on doors, or groups congregating in malls with megaphones crying out messages of damnation, or even members of parliament enacting laws to keep you from legally embracing your love (with your consenting adult partner)..
so, how does this all effect you exactly? I'm perplexed indeed and await with baited breath for your in depth reply.

I just found this when i was looking up "The origin of marriage". I found this part interesting and thought id share!

"Gay marriage is rare in history—but not unknown. The Roman emperor Nero, who ruled from A.D. 54 to 68, twice married men in formal wedding ceremonies, and forced the Imperial Court to treat them as his wives. In second- and third-century Rome, homosexual weddings became common enough that it worried the social commentator Juvenal, says Marilyn Yalom in A History of the Wife. “Look—a man of family and fortune—being wed to a man!” Juvenal wrote. “Such things, before we’re very much older, will be done in public.” He mocked such unions, saying that male “brides” would never be able to “hold their husbands by having a baby.” The Romans outlawed formal homosexual unions in the year 342. But Yale history professor John Boswell says he’s found scattered evidence of homosexual unions after that time, including some that were recognized by Catholic and Greek Orthodox churches. In one 13th-century Greek Orthodox ceremony, the “Order for Solemnisation of Same Sex Union,” the celebrant asked God to grant the participants “grace to love one another and to abide unhated and not a cause of scandal all the days of their lives, with the help of the Holy Mother of God and all thy saints.”

The first thing they have to do is to destroy the word 'choice' in regard to any same sex couple lifestyle.If was really a choice I don't think anyone would want the 'extras package' that automatically comes with that choice because of ignorance.

I say good em for that article Jay, and i hope they rub it in every single chance they get. Parko, if you dont care then dont press on the thread and offer your contribution. The thread clearly states what its about...So dont bother ;)

Not gay, but if there were a vote to make it legal to gay marriage then you have my vote. Merry christmas to all. Where do I sign?

The Bible is probably the most hypocritical book there is - it tells you that 'God loves everyone, he made us all' - then wouldn't he love gays because he made them that way?

It also says we are his "children" yet some of the biggest causes of human death in history are insect bites( parasites, viruses, bacteria spread by different insects) Seems odd that God would let lowly brainless insects cause so much suffering to his "children"

I don't think any sane rational person could ever argue that God is omnipresent and controls everything that happens on this earth(if he is a loving God that is)...That would be an insane argument that could be dismantled in 2 seconds...The only way you could argue an omnipresent God would be that he is a raging psychopath who enjoys suffering and death in which case I don't see much point in worshiping him...

It also says we are his "children" yet some of the biggest causes of human death in history are insect bites( parasites, viruses, bacteria spread by different insects) Seems odd that God would let lowly brainless insects cause so much suffering to his "children"

I don't think any sane rational person could ever argue that God ... controls everything that happens on this earth(if he is a loving God that is)
Well said. Thats just the point and the reason for suffering throughout time and more so in our day. God doesnt control everything on earth right now.
1 john 5:19 "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."
Does that not make sense when you look at world events and conditions?

The Bible ... tells you that 'God loves everyone, he made us all' - then wouldn't he love gays because he made them that way?

1 corinthians 6:9 Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

Last edited:
ahhh but Rattler, is that a correct translation of the Hebrew it was written in??? ;)
and even the most religious say that much of the bible cannot be taken literally, so it's a bit meh all round (and it's still a book written by man, as is the koran and well, every single "holy" text on the planet)

Homosexuality is a proven and neccisary product of the 'Age of decadence' that society goes through.

I ask those christians who speak against it, how would you like it if we made your marriage illegal? Or your religion?

Then again, I also believe that marriage is a christian tradition and that another legal life partner bond should be offered for all who aren't christian

Well said. Thats just the point and the reason for suffering throughout time and more so in our day. God doesnt control everything on earth right now. 1 john 5:19 "We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one."Does that not make sense when you look at world events and conditions?1 corinthians 6:9 Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean, but you have been sanctified, but you have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.
I'm a drunkard and an adulterer (back in the day)I don't care what "made up rules" you abide by, but get them outa my face.Also stop selecting which ones you reckon apply and ignore the other ones.Oh and another thing, pics or it didn't happen

Last edited:
At the end of the day, if there was a being so immensely powerful that it created everything that ever existed everywhere our planet would be about as significant to that entity as a pimple, bit annoying when you occasionally notice it is there but totally meaningless in the grand scheme of things. The only way the god of the bible could possibly be real is if he was some megalomaniac alien that terraformed a planet and genetically engineered the inhabitants then forced his/her own values and rules onto said inhabitants for the purpose of controlling them. Anyone that thinks something powerful enough to create everything is worried about whether or not two people of the same sex want to get married or not really needs to have a good think about how absurd that is.

My thinking is god must be very organized as he apparently has a plan for all of us. I have trouble planning my week let alone 7 billion peoples week.

Marriage (or wedlock) is a social union or legal contract between people that creates kinship. It is an institution in which interpersonal relationships, usually intimate and sexual, are acknowledged in a variety of ways, depending on the culture or subculture in which it is found. Such a union, often formalized via a wedding ceremony, may also be called matrimony.

People marry for many reasons, including one or more of the following: legal, social, libidinal, emotional, economic, spiritual, and religious. These might include arranged marriages, family obligations, the legal establishment of a nuclear family unit, the legal protection of children and public declaration of commitment. The act of marriage usually creates normative or legal obligations between the individuals involved. In some societies these obligations also extend to certain family members of the married persons. Some cultures allow the dissolution of marriage through divorce or annulment.

Marriage can be recognized by a state, an organization, a religious authority, a tribal group or local community. It is often viewed as a contract. Civil marriage is the legal concept of marriage as a governmental institution irrespective of religious affiliation, in accordance with marriage laws of the jurisdiction.

Why is the major argument against gay marriage always from a Christianic origin when marriage is not just for Christians??!! You don't have to be Christian to marry!! You don't have to be religious in any way, shape or form!!

As for the sanctuary of marriage argument. That went out the window when divorce was may so readily available. Marriage is now nothing but a joke, it is not taken seriously by the vast majority of the population. Proven numerous times by celebrities that are only married for an hour or 5mins. Or six different times, or several times to the same person. "To have and to hold until death do us part, thru sickness and health, for better or worse, richer or poorer... Or until I get bored and we get divorced" I personally don't care about marriage, to me it is now nothing but a worthless piece of paper, a symbol of a promise that can so easily be broken at any time.

I do however, care for the right to be equal in all aspects of life. For those who still believe in marriage to have the right to be able to marry, and to be able to have their given rights as humans. Be you gay, straight, bi, religious, non religious, black, white or any variant. All should have the same human rights, as we are all human and all should be treated equally as such.

Human rights are "commonly understood as inalienable fundamental rights to which a person is inherently entitled simply because she or he is a human being." Human rights are thus conceived as universal (applicable everywhere) and egalitarian (the same for everyone).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back