Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polygamy isn't an issue socially, but legally it's a minefield.
how do you divide assets if one or more partner leaves? what about child support issues?
and that's just the first couple question, there's a whole lot of fiddly legal reasons why it's not accepted legally, so as to protect and equalise responsibilities and other issues.
there's nothing stopping people from living in such a situation, but after the first partner, anyone else involved has virtually no legal standing.

Open post to anybody that uses religion as an argument....

OYGs

Gay marriage is not a threat to the covenant between yourself and the imaginary deity you wish to worship. Gay people are not seeking equality in your chosen faith... they are seeking equality in secular law. Since there are only few countries left where religious laws take precedence over secular, and thankfully not in this one.... if you want to use religion as an argument then you should follow it's laws to the T if not keep it the F out of secular law.

On the issue of the "book" what ever it may be the bible, talmeah, quran or the ramblings of L Ron Hubbard, I would assume since people can read and post in a reptile forum then you are litterate. Meaning you can read and comprehend words on your computer screen or in the pages of a book.... are you really that insecure or that much of a sheep that if you read the same peice of text you can't come to a conclusion or interpretation for yourself. Do you really need an allocated person at an allocated time of the day/week reading parts of that book for you then telling you what, how, and why you need to feel, think. and follow about it then feel so good about it with the rest of the people that have just been told. To the point that you then try and force feed the ideals fed to you to others.

Gods die one day yours will too..... heck I visited the exibit of tutankhamun that re-emphasised this point.

I cant help but think how we are lead to believe that we live in a 'free' country. But when we actually look into different aspects in our day to day lives, we come to the conclusion that this is not the case.

If we are going to listen to books on magic sky daddys (christian mythology) and magic alien sky daddys (mormon mythology) ... then bring on the child brides and polygamy/plural wives! xD

You misspelled moron, mate.

But on a non-gramatical point, the mormon religion is simply a reflection of the fact that some US citizens simply cannot come to terms with the fact that something important may have happened in history that didn't somehow involve the United States.

The idea of us living in a free country is a myth spread by the controlling Government. :)

I cant help but think how we are lead to believe that we live in a 'free' country. But when we actually look into different aspects in our day to day lives, we come to the conclusion that this is not the case.

Tell me please, is there any religion on this planet that tolerates / accepts / supports homosexuality? In other words equality. (I am an atheist and I am not gay - don't hold it against me)

I read this story in a book once.

There once was a man bout 2k years ago.....

He travelled around with 12 other dudes (no mention of him ever being fond of women), he ate, slept, partied, shared his deepest most intimate feelings with these guys.... quite homo erotic actually with some innuendos of turning the other cheek and lines like loving your fellow men (though it stop short of any real juicy bits so to speak). I've even read the he once turned water into wine.... must have been quite a party animal and loved his plonk.

Last edited:
The Dalai Lama is well known for his activism for human rights, and this specifically includes equal rights for gays. "His Holiness opposes violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation. He urges respect, tolerance, compassion, and the full recognition of human rights for all.

I haven't personally seen any evidence of the actual word marriage, being used to describe these bonds in anything other than christian text, as this is what christians label this bond. Most western history is influenced by christianity because, like it or not, we are a society based in christianity.

This is just silly; so because you personally have never seen it, it doesn't exist? Have you actually looked for evidence of marriage outside of biblical texts? Have you ever read any Classical texts? Can you read Classical Greek and Latin? There is PLENTY of evidence for marriage in the ancient world by people who lived well before the rise of Christianity. I'm in the process of starting a career in the translation and interpretation of ancient Greek texts (again, written before the rise of Christianity in places never exposed to Christian thought), words for what we know as 'marriage' absolutely exist.

I would say Buddhism seeing as they are by far the most tolerant. It is certainly the only religion I have any time for.

Tell me please, is there any religion on this planet that tolerates / accepts / supports homosexuality? In other words equality. (I am an atheist and I am not gay - don't hold it against me)

Marriage is just a word, it has existed for much longer than the word and in many different religions.

I haven't personally seen any evidence of the actual word marriage, being used to describe these bonds in anything other than christian text, as this is what christians label this bond. Most western history is influenced by christianity because, like it or not, we are a society based in christianity.

THERE IS NO LOVE OR FRIENDSHIP IN ISLAM BEFORE MARRIAGE - Abu Mussab Wajdi Akkari - YouTube

This guy did my head in. We were discussing his ideas with a bunch of friends. Now i will say there is only a bunch of people that think like this guy, as different Sheiks interperet all parts of the Koran differently. But i thought ill post it just to show the thought with regards to male and female friendship. If people like him believe this, then can you imagine their views on gay marriage? Islam takes a strong view against it, no matter what sect you belong to.

I would say Buddhism seeing as they are by far the most tolerant. It is certainly the only religion I have any time for.

Theology is a subject I avoided all my life and therefore my knowledge there is very limited. However, in my understanding, Buddhism, Shinto, Animism and some other are philosophies rather than religions. There is also difference between religion and spirituality. But enough of that, religion is a forbidden subject on APS, I only got into it because it relates to the subject of homosexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back