Anti Gay America, Rick Perry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dalai Lama is well known for his activism for human rights, and this specifically includes equal rights for gays. "His Holiness opposes violence and discrimination based on sexual orientation. He urges respect, tolerance, compassion, and the full recognition of human rights for all.

I would say Buddhism seeing as they are by far the most tolerant. It is certainly the only religion I have any time for.

I would have to disagree with you both.I will concede the general message sold to a jaded western world by the Dalai Lama / Buddhism is all nice and dandy.. but the same can be said for larger movements like Catholicism.

The Dalai Lama is the face of Buddhism, as the pope is to Catholicism.. so i will make a couple of points on the Dalai Lama's position on social issues.. and see how different these two groups really are..I would argue the Dalai Lama holds very similar views to right-wing christian.

"A sexual act is deemed proper when the couples use the organs intended for sexual intercourse and nothing else." - Dalai Lama (1996)

"Homosexuality, whether it is between men or between women, is not improper in itself. What is improper is the use of organs already defined as inappropriate for sexual contact." - Dalai Lama

"In recent years, his remarks on the subject have somewhat softened: he told an audience in San Francisco that while Buddhist teachings historically discourage gay relationships, such prohibitions only apply to Buddhists."

^ So basically its ok for people funding his political campaign.. but not for the people he intend to be a dictator for ... lovely :lol:

Source of above three quotes: Tibet Is No Shangri-La, and the Dalai Lama Is Not What You Think - By Christina Larson | Foreign Policy

Penn&Teller's take on the Dalai lama
Holier Than Thou - part 3 - Penn&Teller's BullShit! - YouTube

Ive probably failed to make a solid case against Buddhism, im no word smith... but if you scratch beneath the surface.. you will find the same discrimination preached in Buddhism as you do in other religions like Christianity.. its just we a more familiar with the BS they have sold us.

Last edited:
TeKno, Christmas is actually a pagan festival about the winter/summer solstice.
MERRY SOLSTICE TO ALL OF YOU!

Tell me please, is there any religion on this planet that tolerates / accepts / supports homosexuality? In other words equality. (I am an atheist and I am not gay - don't hold it against me)
Spiritulism?

why don't homosexuals obtain a religion when it comes to voting/census?
Is there not a religion about Jedi?
If you got a large number of votes, would not this be classified as a religion? and if this is the case than it would be discrimination against religion. (more action than human rights:rolleyes:) Or whatever they use as the excuse.

wow.. just checked in for the first time since before xmas and Im pleased the APS crew didnt let me down.. dont let xmas or public holidays spoil your regular fun of posting argumentative dribble on the internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back