Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You brought up the point about eating pine shaving substrate usually causing death and have not backed up your statement with any evidence. I simply corrected you and you have continued on and have now changed to saying it is wood chips that you were talking about. Please pm me if you want to discuss it further rather than us flooding the post any further.

Really, i got removed because some one from a different region "knows' whats a person is doing with out it being published.

ANDYNIC, I have friends that have had autopsies and this is cause of death. Ingestion of substrate. perforation of esophagus.

- - - Updated - - -

small snakes are usually more susceptible to ingestion damage of esophagus.

but once again, this discussion isnt going anywhere, and we arent helping rumpig

Last edited by a moderator:
I never trust when someone says "I know someone it happened to" or "A friend had this happen..."
Andy has only given first hand information about pine shavings.

I usually follow suit Snowman. never believe what you hear/read.
however i have first hand seen this occurrence. yet im still being run down because im trying to share my experiences

No one is running you down. You've got every right to your opinion as do the other uses. It's possible two different people have had two different experiences.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate read the posts, rumpig never stated wether he fed his snake on pine bedding, i broached this topic,and andy is the first to shut me down

mate read the posts, rumpig never stated wether he fed his snake on pine bedding, i broached this topic,and andy is the first to shut me down

I don't see it that way. I just see you both having different views about it. Andy has asked for the autopsy reports. Post up some phone pics of them as it would benefit the forum.

They do tend to inhale dry plant materials of various types, i use newspaper and have no problem.
Reptiles need heating whether from the same area or not if kept indoors .
Bhps here are kept in an insulated room and have heat in the summer even when really hot because if it cools down at night ,the heating is kicking in with a thermostat.
Little ones need that constant heat because they are smaller and lose heat plus they are growing.
The larger bhps need the heating more of a day and take drops at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back