Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow you mustve been smarter then me ...I got tagged 4 times by that species ...
still encounter it alot but now it seems its only ever dry bites ;)

Hahaha - yeah - once was enough for me. Still get bitten but no more invenomations luckily.
Oh - & a dry bite is better than a wet fart any day ;)

Hahaha - yeah - once was enough for me. Still get bitten but no more invenomations luckily.
Oh - & a dry bite is better than a wet fart any day ;)
dry bites are just that, all the motion and hype, but no gravid situations ever ....

uhh , ive been bitten by, a white tail as a kid(it was in a towel) ... just sick for a few days, uhh huntsmen spiders, jumping jack ants(OUCH), random little unknown spiders, every ant in the book, my sister got a baby eastern brown to the foot when she was in preschool, slept for 12 hours straight, parents saw bite marks,went to hospital, got antivenom and she was fine, shes 11 and no side effects ever...
mum also got a rbb to the thigh, on a log, jumping into the river, didnt get sick till that night, vomited then the next day climbed a mountain lol, was sorta sick the next day and fine after that..

Perhaps we should rename this thread - has anyone not been bitten by something venomous? Some scary stories here!!

I havent been bitten by anything venomous
but my two staffords had a fight once...I got caught in the crossfire and ended up having to have my hand put back together by a plastic surgeon.

No damage other than a nasty scar.

Before I go knocked out for surgery the surgeon asked me about it. I said youc an see my knuckle and the sinew....and the rest just looks like what you get from the butchers !!

Elizabeth

Stung by a bee... and even tho I chased browns as a kid I never got bitten by them

Stung by a bee... and even tho I chased browns as a kid I never got bitten by them
well its about time someone got it right!!! YOU CHASED THE BROWNS, NOT THE BROWNS CHASED YOU ;)
Dont know how many myths are getting round how they were chased a full 2km by a big brown snake or taipan type of stories I have heard ....

well its about time someone got it right!!! YOU CHASED THE BROWNS, NOT THE BROWNS CHASED YOU ;)
Dont know how many myths are getting round how they were chased a full 2km by a big brown snake or taipan type of stories I have heard ....
nah i hear the tiger chased me story...lol d3pro...hate for one to decide it doesnt want to move.. yer ive chased and caught my share of snakes....(only caught rbb's lol)

nah i hear the tiger chased me story...lol d3pro...hate for one to decide it doesnt want to move.. yer ive chased and caught my share of snakes....(only caught rbb's lol)

It was more fun when they didn't run away lol... I came across browns, taipans... err... that's it actually... hundreds of them up where we lived, and thats why I love snakes.
Tho I have to admit... I find some jungles way scarier then browns lol

I saw a fairly large (5 ft) brown snake on the road near my house at Jabiru. I got out of the car to look at it and it lunged about 2 meters towards me....I do not know what it was as I was busy running and screaming like a 125 kg fairy.

Ive had both eastern browns and rbb's lunge at me and even get up near my shoes,and inbetween my feet and wack the back of my leg (hubby saw that one he was a bit worried, I didnt even know at the time, was in long grass and it was a release,EB was in front I watched it go off into the grass, but its come right round without me seeing and as I took one step back it got a fright and wacked me then took off like lightning ) I wear long heavy cotton drill overalls when I do vens,look a bit like Bob Hatfield(for those who remember ;)) BUT my pants saved me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back