anyone good at Frog ID?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FusionMorelia

Reaction score
i was out at the abandoned slate quarry pinching the odd bit here n there when under this MASSIVE slab was this lil guy, it was embedded in red dirt on the edge of an old dam,
it was well under in COLD red wet soil we washed hands in the dam and he jumped on,
he blows a big bag on the throat but as u can see is small,
im in forbes nsw,
any guesses as to what he is?

cheers froggers
Nato

Ps frog is fine i replaced the slate and got a different bit :)
(sorry i cant add pics the new system is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously its all stupid now it was all 1 click b4 what the hell happened!)
(links to pics below)
http://u1.ipernity.com/19/16/61/11041661.484b861f.1024.jpg

Hey Nato, its a Perons Tree Frog (Litoria peroni). Interesting species of tree frog, often found under the flaking bark of gum trees and have a rattling call when in breeding season.

They're one of my favourite tree frogs, they have an awesome call :)

Def. peronii. Look at the eyes, if there is a cross on them it's a dead giveaway.

thanks everyone, i couldn't belive this guy he was ghost grey with blue/green dots over and was living under a massive trapdoor hole on the edge of a dam, last night it was -6c and out where he was it was colder easy -10c
awesome little frog, we have pure white ones of these too , i also saw a red one at my father in-laws,
i post more tomorrow :)

PURE WHITE ONES??? I want a leucistic peronii now. :O :p Red, they can get a very red brown out in the west of their range so I take it you are meaning that. Generally they colour up more to a light-dark brown when they are calling and during the day or when hiding they will go this light grey.

yeah pure white ones, black eyes, and slightly bigger, not massive but bigger than the rest, their under the old claw tub at my dad in laws place, and when i say red i meen red, like blood red, no cross in the eyes tho same size looks exactly the same but red, with blue purple legs, looks like veins etc not a skin color....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back