Anyone had axperience with a fractured pelvis?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeynewbie

Reaction score
Anyone had experience with a fractured pelvis?

Just wondering whether anyone personally has had one or a family member and can give me some idea of recovery time, etc? My poor dad came off his bicycle(serious road biker) and ended up shattering his helmet and being taken to hospital with suspected spinal injuries, thankfully not that serious but he has fractured his pelvis :(

Last edited:
ouch..... owie owie owie....he is going to be in a lot of pain....sometimes they pin it....depends on how badly fractured it is....otherwise.....keeping nice and still....

Ouchies! Can he walk?
Never had mine fractured, but it is twisted and a few years ago it was put out somehow and i could barely walk , had to get it pushed back in..sounds gross lol

Id just ask the doctor..

yep ive had 4 absotabulim (not sure on spelling) fractures and a burst fracture at l1... i was flat on my back for 8weeks..

View attachment 223030my fractures where either side of the ball joining into the pelvis

Last edited:
My dad went through the handlebars of his Harley last year when a young girl pulled out infront of him
he snapped his pelvis in in half..

to cut this short, he had the steal rods put through him for 8 weeks(ment to be 12)
but got a infection and had to have them removed and pins were inserted

A woman I knew years ago was out riding her horse on her property. She was a few hours ride from home and her horse shied at something and pig rooted. Horse went up, she went up, horse came down she was still up and the stirips acted like a slingshot and whipped her down with a bit of extra momentum. She hit the saddle and shattered her pelvis. She had to ride home. When she got home she was properly stuffed and had to be lifted off the horse.

My ex fractured his pelvis coming off a motorbike. Is the fracture still together or dis-jointed?

Recovery is painful and atleast 8-12 weeks for one that is still together, maybe longer depending on how old your dad is.

Hope he feels better soon!

I believe it's in place as they had cleared him to go home but when he couldn't stand they had the xrays reviewed and found the fracture so it's obviously not too obvious if you know what I mean. They were doing scans to check for a corresponding fracture on the other side. He's still in hospital and he's not a happy camper as sitting still isn't in his disposition :( Dad's only in his 50s so hopefully pretty good recovery time.

My dad was a logger in NZ and a buldozer ran over him and he got his pelvis completly smashed, now he has metal almost every where around there, he also broke his hip and legs. Now he is bike riding and running amd all sorts, will get back to you on recovery though, everyone is different aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back