Anyone play guitar?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan09

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone here plays guitar? :)

i myself play mainly electric; Heavy metal (COB, pantera, BLS, metallica kind of shred guitar) and Rock (blue's, pink floyd, GNR kind of rock).

i have a Jackson Dinky Custom with a fully scalloped neck with Jackson pickups (to be, seymour duncan active Blackout's soon)
and a fender stratocaster with maple scallopped neck (on its way) and EMG active david gilmour signature pickups and Floyd rose tremolo system.

Dream Guitar: Dean 'Dimebag' Razorback Slimebolt and Gibson Les Paul Custom (ebony)

cmon u musio's what have ya got? :D, it dosnt matter if uve just started or a pro or have a $5000 guitar or a $30 guitar, music is music and i love sharing my pusic passion and chatting with other musicians :D

'Is ther any body out there!'

i do :)

play mostly hardcore/metalcore use to play shred stuff but i dont like that as much anymore
i have a schecter hellraiser and a dean ML 20th anniversary one i dislike the prices for dean in australia so i imported it from america.. hich was about half price even less the deans under $5000aus are ridicously overpriced considering you only get a licenced floyd rose and they are all non american made untill over $5000....

not that i have anything agaisnt that but for $5000 id except abit of dimebag in one :p and i mean the guitarist btw.

yea thats it, thats why i wanto get the slimbolt because its the only dean razorback that comes with a official flyod rose :), always wonderd why they only did LFR, spose thats what dimebag used so they stick with it. dean ml 20th anniversary?...niiiice :). yea im going to get my slimbolt dean from ebay, there about $1000 (from america) with case. here there as u said around 5k. funny thing is tho, there made in korea now and dean always used to make there guitar's american hand made.......guess not any more :(, unless they still do some models, but im not sure.

yea i play all/any metal, if it sounds good ill play it :), really into alexi laiho (children of bodom) atm learning some his stuff. i can speed pick VERY fookin fast, but im trying to back thatup wiht more technique and skill as well, speed isnt everything (even tho its my strong point), i been playing for about... 6 years give or take a couple months, wbu?

Yeah been playing over 20 years.

I have an Ibanez w/ DiMarzio p'ups, a Tele w/DiMarzio p'ups, an ESP Horizon w/ Seymour Duncans, a Les Paul w/ Seymour Duncans, SG Twin Neck, Acrylic Les Paul, Ibanez Concord hummingbird acoustic, Takamine Dreadnought, Hollowbody Jazz J&D, Gaskell Explorer.

I play through a few amps, depending on the gig. My main rig is a Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage 1 and I run into a Tremonti Wah to a Voodoo labs GCX and Ground Control Pro... in the rack I have an Ibanez Tube Screamer, BB Preamp, Phase 90, Digital Delay and Korg Tuner.

My second rig is a Mesa Boogie .22 Calibre combo amp. I run a BB Preamp for overdrive and the amp's dirty channel for more OD.

My third rig is a Marshall JCM800 100 watt lead 2x12 combo. I run it dry and don't use it very often because I love the Mesa tone more.

I also have a load of recording, PA and lighting gear but can't list it all from memory.

awsome man, u got some really nice gear, i especially like SG twin neck, that a epiphone or gibson?, also liek your use of ibanez tube screamer and definetly your choice in mesa amps, cant beet em ey ;) great pedals :).

ive got, Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone), Boss TU-2, Vox V847 (jimi hendrix) wah, and a marshall MG10CD (10w practice amp) and Jade australia 25watt, i plan on getting either a randall or krank amp soon *fingers crossed* (would like a mesa but cant afford them :p)

awsome man, awsome, good to see theres a few of us on here :D

also note the iobanez TBX150H amp head behind me in the picture, i sold that to get my Jackson, was worth it but it was a great amp. also the yamaha 12 string acoustic, wich i share with my bro, spends half its time at his house and half at mine :p

awsome man, u got some really nice gear, i especially like SG twin neck, that a epiphone or gibson?, also liek your use of ibanez tube screamer and definetly your choice in mesa amps, cant beet em ey ;) great pedals :).

ive got, Boss MT-2 (Metal Zone), Boss TU-2, Vox V847 (jimi hendrix) wah, and a marshall MG10CD (10w practice amp) and Jade australia 25watt, i plan on getting either a randall or krank amp soon *fingers crossed* (would like a mesa but cant afford them :p)

awsome man, awsome, good to see theres a few of us on here :D

Yeah Gibson.... COPY lol but the Tube Screamer is an original TS808... got it for $50 back in about 1988. The BB Preamps are fantastic to.... should try one out! Mesa amps are awesome but expensive. I own and operate a music shop so I have an advantage there! But it was still cheaper to import my Stiletto direct from the States than to buy from my supplier in oz!!!

I have a swag of other effects but never use them! Got a Mesa Boogie V-Twin valve pedal, another Morley Wah pedal, MI Audio Tube Zone and more. I also have a Vox Night train valve amp that sounds AWESOME! Very nice amp!! Only 15 watt but has some balls!

My next amp purchase will be a Dual Rectifier Boogie or a Lonestar.... probably the Dual Rec I think.....

Dos the Razor back have a really annoying cut back on the shape?

It sucks to play sitting down but standing its good i think.
not sure
Just saying:)
I've been playing bass guitar for about 6 years now
Recently i've been taking piano lessons to improve my independence in both hands
so i now i can tap two different rythms and melodies out.
Check out Jean Baudin
love it

Ummmmm
what else
i play through a just a standard BC rich warlock platium bass
Not the best bass but looks metal hahahah
Right now i recording for my EP check out one of the songs from there
Leading Spheres

Hypoxia (EP Teaser) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

the next bass i'm getting will be this time next year
check it out
Stinger

that in a nine string
Wil be great for tapping and sweeps :D
Anyone ot any cool bands or recordings going on
Oh and i drum and play acoustic :)

i play guitar i have a gibson les paul studio wine red its a madd guitar, im in to heavy metal, and rock, love guns n roses and acdc, metallica etc. my idols are hendrix, slash and angus young. im actually selling my epiphone les paul custom for $450.00 if anyone around Newcastle is interested.

i tried to play guitar in music today but failed
lol

but theres somthin missing yea?, pictures!

im a post my strat in the making, its my pride and a very big joy, originally was a monterey stratocaster (el cheapo $200) and descided to build it cause was the wood is really heavy and solid great sounding wood WITH a quilted top....:D

Redburst quilty maple strato body.
Floyd rose Tremolo system.
DG20 (EMG) Active Dave Gilmour Signature Pickups.

-on the way
is a Genuine fender fully scalloped maple reversed headstock neck (thats a mouth full lol)
and the bridge resesd (spelling), routed out in the body.
new Original floyds rose (chrome).

and the thing that realy got me going was the colour combo of the red and chrome

hope ya like her she my fav. (and my first electric)

Attachments

• P1010274.jpg
    P1010274.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010277.jpg
    P1010277.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010278.jpg
    P1010278.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 99
  • P1010279.jpg
    P1010279.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 103
I have been playing around 18 years i think. Dont play much anymore, but used to play in mostlt death and thrash metal bands.

I just got one of these bad boys bout a month ago, needs a good setup and pickup change, but that'll come somewhere down the line, got another washburn that I love was hoping this would be as good but not yet at least
95dd008be02e9bba2f12282f42e5-1-4.jpg

I love metal....go to you tube and look up
guitar riffs 666.mpg
i made it up my self im just learning

[video=youtube;zHXAmoA_rKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHXAmoA_rKM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back