Anyone recieved their new record book yet for this year ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

Banned
Reaction score
Sent my record book in way back in April, no sign of a replacement yet .... I'm on a multiyear NSW licence.

No I don't want to do my reptile records online, I'd rather just do it once a year and post in the book .

Very slack boofocrats in that department.

I haven't got mine yet either. I don't care too much either , what can they do if they eventually get the man ( or woman ) power to ever do house inspections ? And ask for your book ? Geeeez , if they can't get their act together to get some stamp licker in the office to send books out to the few old schoolies like us , then I can't see us ever being humiliated with house inspections ( been there ) . It's a big jump from making Big Macs to sending out things to people . Funny how we have a " deadline " to work to , but they can take as long as they feel fit . And , No , I don't like them !

no books anymore....called parks last week,everyone has to go online....

Unless they send me a letter or email to tell they are no longer going to issue annual return books, I'll simply stop bothering to update my records with them. I'm not going to chase them about the book, or bother calling them (I don't like waiting on phone line queues) .

I'll keep my licence current and that'll be all I'll do.

Same here . If they can't be bothered to let us know , or don't have the manpower to do it , then why the hell should we bother keeping records just for them .
They won't ever do anything about it .
I will just keep records for my own keepsake , in my own book , as I choose.

Same here . If they can't be bothered to let us know , or don't have the manpower to do it , then why the hell should we bother keeping records just for them .
They won't ever do anything about it .
I will just keep records for my own keepsake , in my own book , as I choose.

Yep .... my issue now is without my record book from these imbecciles in the depart, how do I prove I have current permit to keep reptiles should I decide to buy more from a breeder ?

How do the guys who use the online records prove that are licenced keepers ?

How do the guys who use the online records prove that are licenced keepers ?
The record book is not your licence, it never was. They still send you a hardcopy of that. You said earlier that you are on a multi-year licence so that piece of paper is valid until the expiry date written on it.

I don't really understand the resistance to this change. It literally takes five minutes max to enter the info using the online system (arguably less than having to look up species codes for the book anyway) and, regardless of your opinion, it is your responsibility to keep your records up to date. By not using it you are not complying with your licence requirement to keep accurate records, it's that simple.

It's a pretty simple system really, and if they do have trouble keeping up, it's much better than WA where keepers are treated like criminals and any minor breach or missed deadline will cause you to be sent to the gallows...

My licence was renewed for 5 years in June and it was sent as a PDF, no hard copy - had to print it off myself :(!

Jamie

Received a surprize in my mail today --- this years' record book !

Go to show you, if you stick to your guns, the boofocrats will give in.

Received a surprize in my mail today --- this years' record book !

Go to show you, if you stick to your guns, the boofocrats will give in.

That must feel like a huge win for you kon. I doubt that it has anything to do with your guns or where you stick them matey, they're just catching up. I doubt that they think you're very important at all... You need to get a life.

Jamie

Well things have changed now, the new legislation has passed parliament with a starting date of 1 July 2017 so once the new regs are completed we will have a different system in place. So basically the current system is in limbo.

What is the new legislation about and what are the changes being proposed? Sorry, I haven't heard anything about it.

Google nsw biodiversity bill 2016. I'm sure you can find it on the legislation section of nsw parliament. It has changed the nsw system but we don't know to what degree the change is until the regs are released. Everything will be risk based. It all stems from nsw biodiversity review. You can find the report of that review online and it gives a broad view picture of things. The regs will spell out the detail.

Ok, thankyou for that. I just read through it and it looks as if the government haven't really taken into account the findings of the review. Just looks like they want to make it harder and harder to keep what they believe to be high risk animals, whether that be venomous snakes or endangered species isn't made too clear. So something like a woma, which is pretty common in captivity, could be made harder to keep due to it's endangered status. Also looking to make the punishments greater, which goes against the reviews statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back