Anyone seen any wild geckos around their houses in Nth Lake Macquarie area ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ianinoz

Banned
Reaction score
I've not seen any yet and don't know if there is a population of geckos in my area.

I hold out hope that I'm only not seeing them because they are very shy and make themselves scarce as soon as I open either the front or back doors to go outside.

Would love to have some geckos hanging about and to be able to photograph them and observe them.

Not sure if I need to do something more than leave the patio light on (to attract flighing insects and moths) to get them visiting regularly.

I'd say the chances are you don't have geckos. Geckos don't usually run away when you open doors, in fact the species you are most likely to have Phyllurus platurus, are ambush predators that are pretty unlikely to move from their hunting spot unless you pick them up. I know of some places with geckos around north Lake Macquarie and when I get time am going to check out another one, but none of the places are houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back