anyone want to give me some feedback on a possible children's python vivarium please?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throwaway account

Reaction score
concept art for the build idea (excuse the godawful J.S paint art) :
Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 5.06.16 pm.png

this would be made in the Reptile One RTF-900HT Terrarium​

I was wondering if its okay to mix substrates like this and if the ones im looking into would be suitable for a children's python? im worried about the coco husk getting into the heat pits so I would in theory be going for a chunkier mix opposed to the finer stuff. I would be using minimal sand in-between the pieces of reptile tile (for aesthetic reasons more than anything) but is that even okay? (im hearing a lot of different things about sand for snakes) another concern is putting rocks in at all, could it be a possible choking hazard? thank you for any replies

Put the water bowl at the cold end.

You've put more effort into that diagram than I put into setting up an enclosure from scratch.

concept art for the build idea (excuse the godawful J.S paint art) :
View attachment 330664

this would be made in the Reptile One RTF-900HT Terrarium​

I was wondering if its okay to mix substrates like this and if the ones im looking into would be suitable for a children's python? im worried about the coco husk getting into the heat pits so I would in theory be going for a chunkier mix opposed to the finer stuff. I would be using minimal sand in-between the pieces of reptile tile (for aesthetic reasons more than anything) but is that even okay? (im hearing a lot of different things about sand for snakes) another concern is putting rocks in at all, could it be a possible choking hazard? thank you for any replies
That plan looks good! Glad you are putting thought and care into what you are doing.
Also, I highly doubt your snake is going to try and eat rocks, so I’d say its fine to put some little rocks in there for decor

That plan looks good! Glad you are putting thought and care into what you are doing.
Also, I highly doubt your snake is going to try and eat rocks, so I’d say its fine to put some little rocks in there for decor
sweet thanks, ill still keep an eye on them either way just in case lol

Latest posts

Back