Approx sizes on a stimsons pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleButterfly

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Im curious to see how big a year old stimsons python gets. I currently have a nine month old stimmie and I want to see approx how big he'll be when he's one. Its also alright if its a little over or under one years
Thanks

I’ve recently seen pictures of a friend who way over feeds his 18mth old stimpsons 2-3 feeds a week (he has no idea what he’s doing, he says “it’s always hungry “) but it’s about 1.4m long, and no that’s not an exaggeration

As for your snake, it depends how often and what you feed yours, it could be half the size of my friends and still be perfectly healthy

Yeah I've heard of people doing that to get snacks up to breeding size. He is definitely over feeding it

I’ve recently seen pictures of a friend who way over feeds his 18mth old stimpsons 2-3 feeds a week (he has no idea what he’s doing, he says “it’s always hungry “) but it’s about 1.4m long, and no that’s not an exaggeration

As for your snake, it depends how often and what you feed yours, it could be half the size of my friends and still be perfectly healthy
1.4m stimmy.... I doubt it...

As I said, I’m not exaggerating, it gets 3 small rats every week 1 every couple of days.

And it goes from my feet to my lower chest
Stimmy × mac more like it. 3 feeds a week would make it fat as, not double in length. Most adult stimmy's I've seen have been between 80-90cm. Can get up to 1m but 1.4m... I'm calling BS.

Hi all
Im curious to see how big a year old stimsons python gets. I currently have a nine month old stimmie and I want to see approx how big he'll be when he's one. Its also alright if its a little over or under one years
Thanks
This is my Stimmy now... hatched in December 2016 so it's 23 months old now... Is feeding weekly on large weaner super mice (the size of normal common adult mice).
It's length is somewhere between 80-90cm.
20180721_114417.jpg 20180721_114828.jpg

Stimmy and maculosa comparison.
20180225_122415.jpg
20180225_122327.jpg

OK, I got it when it was 11 months old in November 2017. This was then...
View attachment 325447

Aww so cute. Ok, that does seem that the size he most likely will be
[doublepost=1541156215,1541146308][/doublepost]this is him now

IMG_2587.JPG
[doublepost=1541156364][/doublepost]

snakes tend to not refuse meals because they never know when they'll eat next

Yes thanks for telling me that information?.

They are opportunistic predators. If they can they will.

The Stimson isn’t obese either, she’s overweight yes, but long, she isn’t a sausage

The Stimson isn’t obese either, she’s overweight yes, but long, she isn’t a sausage

Im bit of an information booth at the moment. I say when when I shouldn't

OK, I got it when it was 11 months old in November 2017. This was then...
View attachment 325447
Gee Kev how did it manage to get through that jungle ? lol
[doublepost=1541160976,1541160795][/doublepost]

You have to be careful with over feeding because you risk things like fatty liver disease

Hey guys, I asked for help, not an argument

Haha, this is a herp discussion group! You don't need to ask for an argument to get one, you literally often just need to say hello ;) In this case someone immediately jumped on with a blatant lie/exaggeration (a common theme in herp groups) followed by inevitably being called out :p Just roll with it ;) Don't let it worry you :) You'll also take some time to learn how to identify who is worth listening to and who is a loud-mouthed newbie with nothing worth saying.

Captive Stimmies usually end up something around 90-100cm. Really big ones can get over 1.2m after several years, but many will never reach 80cm. Anything from 50-75cm or so at 1 year of age is fairly reasonable (a 75cm one will be much much heavier than a 50cm one at that age). Especially for newer keepers, the usual feeding regimes shouldn't get them to the upper end of that range by a year, and something around 60cm and in the ball park of around 80-100 grams is pretty good, but if it looks healthy you're probably doing well. How quickly they grow and how large they eventually end up largely depends on how much you feed them.

Haha, this is a herp discussion group! You don't need to ask for an argument to get one, you literally often just need to say hello ;) In this case someone immediately jumped on with a blatant lie/exaggeration (a common theme in herp groups) followed by inevitably being called out :p Just roll with it ;) Don't let it worry you :) You'll also take some time to learn how to identify who is worth listening to and who is a loud-mouthed newbie with nothing worth saying.

Captive Stimmies usually end up something around 90-100cm. Really big ones can get over 1.2m after several years, but many will never reach 80cm. Anything from 50-75cm or so at 1 year of age is fairly reasonable (a 75cm one will be much much heavier than a 50cm one at that age). Especially for newer keepers, the usual feeding regimes shouldn't get them to the upper end of that range by a year, and something around 60cm and in the ball park of around 80-100 grams is pretty good, but if it looks healthy you're probably doing well. How quickly they grow and how large they eventually end up largely depends on how much you feed them.

Thanks for that info. The breeder I got him from was very knowledgeable and I don't want to doubt what he told me. He is my first snake (probably wont be the last) and I do really want as much info as I can to help me in my journey because I am the only one in the household who actually likes snakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back