APS will close the door for while.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

Some time ago I started and financed this site for benefit of many.
After some time, people turn against my way how I moderated this site.
Well I stepped down and give chance to others to spent they personal time to moderate this site.
I nearly stopped to post and enjoy my site because of negative feelings against me.
Lately members here turn they support against moderators again and nearly nobody come to they rescue and defense. This people you abusing here trying daily their best to give you site to enjoy.
I am financing this site with only abuse from some people as benefit.

When negative thread attacking moderators started, and I read more negative posts then positive about APS, I decided to take this site off the net in 3 days. for one week, to find out if we can be with out APS.

Looks like mine financial support and mods hard work is not appreciated here.
Let somebody else to start better site and show me how is it done.

It would be a great shame to have such a good site as this close down because there are some people out there that have nothing to do but cause trouble. may i suggest instead of closing and making those of us who enjoy this site suffer, simply boot those that are making it not so enjoyable. I offer to help in what ways i can....

I dont believe anyone has negatively bagged the site or yourself Slatey. There has been critisism of one moderator yes, but im sure there are other ways to settle things down than close the site for a week.

Im sure everyone is greatful for your financial benefit to the site as i am. Maybe a few redundancy packages and a few new employees on the staff could do some good?

Why not use the amount of negativety towards certain mods as a positive? you know what people want why not give it to them? Nothing is going to change without change.

JMO,

Cheers, Alan.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i am sorry to hear that matey. when will we learn aye!

There has been critisism of one moderator yes, but im sure there are other ways to settle things down than close the site for a week.

I thought your initial post was pretty generalised from memory

Slatey,

I don't think I can go through a week without APS - the withdrawal symptoms will affect my work! I had an axiety attack recently when your server crashed were off-line for 24 hrs.

On a serious note - I understand your reasons. The chatroom will still be open, but members will have to use a Chat client to access it if this site is closed.

:p

Hix

That sux slatey. I spend half my work day on this site and will personally be most upset to lose it.

I'll happily chip in some cash if thats what it takes to keep it going. And I'm not saying it for effect. The enjoyment I get from the site is worth spending on.

omg NOOO! this site kick ass! its fantastic lots of helpful advice and interesting topics to read and cool images to look at!

i was going to suggest getting rid of the 'meanies' also... ???

sounds good! if it means aps stays online hell ya ban them!

Looks like mine financial support and mods hard work is not appreciated here.

it is very appreciated by myself and others. on this fish site i go to there are different groups of people from modoraters to advisers and benefactors, people who give regular finacial support to help run the site.

i hope you rethink you decision to take this site off the net for a week or perminantly,

andrew

This would be such a shame..

I like most love coming on here and reading all the "good" posts about everyone's herps and love seeing everyones pictures and animals, however saying that lately there has been so much rubbish going on here its ridiculous, I'm not getting in the middle of who and how they know who they are!

I think the mods are doing a good job after all they spend alot of there time here only to benifit the herping community for nothing but criticism. Get over it guys if you don't like it then piss off!

If it goies down for the week it will be a sad moment, but i fully support the decision if its goin to get rid of the morons who bring this site down!

I think the answer is simple, the minority of argumentative, self centred egotistical members who make it bad for the vast majority need to pull their collective necks in and do the right thing. All I have seen recently is in fighting between, it must be said, about a dozen people.
99% of us here want to talk about reptiles, nothing more nothing less. If that is too difficult for some then why not leave and go somewhere else ?
We have a situation where a couple of people try to do the right things obviously for no gain, financial or otherwise and a **** fight starts because a few small minded people doubt their good intentions or question their choice of recipient.
If you have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all, I try to keep everything good natured and humorous but sometimes it's hard, why others can't do the same is beyond me.
Slateman, my advice would be like I do every week with my rats, have a cull and remove the dead wood but DONT close the site down. JMO.

Please dont, youll just make the handle full of negativerians feel like they have acomplished something. Why should everyone else suffer because of a couple of numnuts. I for one think the mods do a great job and should of said so earlier but as beign new here Im still taking everything in. Id like to see any of them do any better and donate there time!. Stuff them I recon just give em a warning and if they reoffend get rid of them.
Rob

it's been happening for a while now, the site is seen in a negative way by alot of the more experienced herps around, which is a shame cause those they the ppl who have the most to contribute

i think twice about posting, and I don't bother most of the time.

its a shame, but i can fully understand why

Dammit! A fella takes a couple of days off and this is what happens!

I just read through all the posts that have been made recently (and moved to the moderators forum) and must say, I'm a tad disgusted!

I don't think a lot of you realise just how much time we (the moderators) put into this site. lately, I haven't been doing too much in forum moderating department..... I've just been processing membership applications. Africa and Greebs have been doing a great job, in my opinion.

Frankly the crap that came out from a few users made me sick. I tend to agree with Slatey - what's the point? We do the job we do because we enjoy the site and want to help. If you could see all the discussions that go on in the moderator's forum you'd know that we usually discuss problems in depth before acting.

I wouldn't mind a 1 week holiday from all this myself! :-( Go for it, Slatey, I say! :-(

I can't see the problem with it, could stop all the fighting (which i'll admit i've been part of) it's slatey's site and if thinks it's best then so be it. I would have done something like this a long time ago if i owned the site.

Mods do the work, if they get bagged then why should they bother? The site would not exists if we didn't have Mods, i doubt anyone here could do a better job than whats being done atm.

A weeks break will do everyone some good IMO.

also... i dont think its the minority at all

imo its the vast majority and the way they treat the site and its members

My post were very specific. I enjoy this immensly and appreciate it. However I have been unable to enjoy the site only because of unfairness and blatant biased shown by Afro towards members.
The refusal to acknowledge his biased, rule breaking and hypocrasy are a constant irritation and ruin the enjoyment of the site by many.
I have made every effort to ignore this for the greater peace, however we all have limits to tolerance, even you Slatey.
I know Afro is your freind, but freinds should be able to honest acknowledge each others faults and confront them without risk of upsetting the freindship. You and Afro seem unable or unwilling to do this, and as a result double standards upset people.
I have seen Afro break the site rules constantly and consistantly, show blatant biased in his moderating, even openly encourage nasty threads.
Yes we know "its a thankless job" who will be thankful for hypocrasy? Yes we know "mods are only human" but if they are consistantly unable to moderate unbiased manner "because they are only human" then they should choose not to moderate at all.
There are many mature members here, who would do far more fair and unbiased job moderating than afro, mostly because they choose to see the good and are mature enough not to take sides.
I think we have all understood that its your site and you run it as you wish, weve heard this many times, But you allow the worst trouble maker to be moderate and remain and no wonder people dont understand why you cant see what is obvious.
People get warnings and bans for personal attacks and rightly so, yet afro has encouraged nasty personal attacks by one member against another because he favors one over the other.
Thios person started a thread explicitly to launch a personal attack and Afro who is supposed to moderate, posted in this thread and openly encouraged the nastiness, and you wonder why folk get upset?
This is one example of blatant disregard for rules by moderator, blatant bias and deliberate troublemaking, yet you look the other way.
Sorry Slatey, I have enjoyed this site and made every effort to be a pleasant and helpful member, I have ignored this
unfair hypocrasy since Instar started here, but it is even getting me down now!
You will do as you wish ofcourse, but I would like you understand my complaint, because you were fair to me and
allowed me a fresh start and I admired you for that, so I beleive you deserve explaination of my dislike for Afro is not unfounded.
Perhaps you will close it or delete me, as you wish, I harbor no ill feeling toward you, just struggling to understand why you cannot kick your freinds bum because he needs it!
Thankyou for an otherwise immensly enjoyable site.

:D

Personally I think afro is a damn good moderator. I have never had a problem with any of the mods. aps is a damn good site with good people running it. If you have a problem with the way it's run just leave or don't complain. You are not paying them to use their site or to moderate it, they do it all for FREE!!!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back