arachnid questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz-fiz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
what are the rules regarding arachnids? can u just get very dangerous spiders without any forms or something like that?

Will

hey i was supposed to get a bird eating spider for my b'day but they ran out of stock . im not really sure but they are pretty cheap but they are dangerous . thats a good question u got there

yeah mate,u can collect yourself or buy off someone that has them,no forms or permits,most ppl wont sell funnel webs to you unless you are over 18..what types were you after?

wasn't after any in particular. mum found a funnelweb outside, and atm we have it in a plastic jar (not c through) and was wondering if I would b able 2 keep it legally

Will

bird eaters arent dangerous at all, if you do get bitten..which if you are careful u will not, you will get local pain and swelling for a few hours thats about it..i dont think there are any know deaths froma tarantula bite, they will however quickly kill a dog or cat.
now on the brighter side, they are excellent pets, i have about 14 tarantulas and i can tell you they are easy to feed, maintain, and house, in most cases if you buy from a breeder they will charge $10 per 10mm of spider pet stores are absurd when it comes to pricing spiders, i was at a local pet store and a juvi Birdeater was $150.00, whereas on a site like Thegreenscorpion.com - the green scorpion Resources and Information.This website is for sale! you will pay about half of that, as for housing a plastic tub will do fine, with cocopeat as a substrate to keep the environment moist and humid . feeding involves 1 or 2 crickets once a week. simple as that

what types do u keep they look pretty cool and i was thinking one for christmas because ive got plenty of empty tanks at home ( can u handle them or not )

You need a lic to collect in most states though not needed in nsw

and funnily enough you can have as many as you want(or as many as you can house)i currently have approx 150+ scorpions

wasn't after any in particular. mum found a funnelweb outside, and atm we have it in a plastic jar (not c through) and was wondering if I would b able 2 keep it legally

Will
yes you can keep it legally

what types do u keep they look pretty cool and i was thinking one for christmas because ive got plenty of empty tanks at home ( can u handle them or not )
yes you can if you want(at own risk)
scorpions003-1.jpg

I know what I would be doing with it .......sends shivers up my spine ...each to their own I suppose ..would rather anyday be in a pit full of vens ..then have 1 funnel web anywhere near me ,,,,

Will
Tatally legal Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back