Are there RULES?????????????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone pm me a copy..... these things always entertain me

I have a copy of one article pm me if you want it, i will email it to you.

I dont get why the mods deleted the previous thread when this article was published in a Brisbane Newspaper...

Nothing wrong with posting it on a forum in my eyes if its already in the public domain...

I do beleive however, due to this persons mix up in being unlicensed that everyone that completed a course through his business should now however check to see if their piece of paper saying they have participated is legal ...

The said thread is not deleted..it will be back out here, we just need to have a look at it...

seems like its just a bit of a mix-up really, i'd say let it rest people.

I do beleive however, due to this persons mix up in being unlicensed that everyone that completed a course through his business should now however check to see if their piece of paper saying they have participated is legal ...

I do believe this is something else, not the licence matter.

"the Devil has already pointed out that this is not about the QLD demonstrator."

is there a name on in the artical? maybe nikko the name out so people cant complain or will that ruin the story in some way? and there is a rule on this site you cant post other peoples or book info sheets and if it was a persons name in it it will be deleted or something like that anyways. hope that makes sence..

Freedom of the press? Sounds interesting the more the intrigue continues.

Why don't those of you who are desperate for gossip just go out and clean your snake enclosures or spend some time doing something constructive, instead of sitting around like vutures waiting to pick somene's carcase clean.

Get a life!

I won't speak for the rest of the "vultures", as I suspect their motives may not all be the same as mine, but personally I'd rather know who I shouldn't be dealing with. I'd prefer to find out the way that doesn't cost me money and pain for a change, since I've been taken for thousands by crooks in this "hobby" in the past. Also, frankly I'm tired of the protection of people who do the wrong thing, bad enough you have to wade through a bunch of hangers on who spout rubbish about these people and make them out to be honest folk who've been hard done by, when we're trying to find someone to buy from. Why should we also be kept from the truth when criminal charges are laid, or similar, just because they've got a "name". One of the people who ripped me off is regularly lauded as some sort of herping legend, I wish I'd known before I lost a month's wages. If they don't want negative publicity, they should do the right thing. True mix ups and misunderstandings are rare, and they come out in wash eventually. I don't agree with naming people when there's no proof they've done the wrong thing, when it's between two people only they know the truth. But are we now to believe that knowing when someone has been proved to have done the wrong thing is wrong too?

Last edited:
Lets take the heat off that one - here is a new one for you.

news.jpg

I won't speak for the rest of the "vultures", as I suspect their motives may not all be the same as mine, but personally I'd rather know who I shouldn't be dealing with. I'd prefer to find out the way that doesn't cost me money and pain for a change, since I've been taken for thousands by crooks in this "hobby" in the past. Also, frankly I'm tired of the protection of people who do the wrong thing, bad enough you have to wade through a bunch of hangers on who spout rubbish about these people and make them out to be honest folk who've been hard done by, when we're trying to find someone to buy from. Why should we also be kept from the truth when criminal charges are laid, or similar, just because they've got a "name". One of the people who ripped me off is regularly lauded as some sort of herping legend, I wish I'd known before I lost a month's wages. If they don't want negative publicity, they should do the right thing. True mix ups and misunderstandings are rare, and they come out in wash eventually. I don't agree with naming people when there's no proof they've done the wrong thing, when it's between two people only they know the truth. But are we now to believe that knowing when someone has been proved to have done the wrong thing is wrong too?

Agreed

It's pretty easy to find out about the nature of those with whom you intend to deal, without being influenced by a lynch mob here. I understand your argument ShadowDragon, and I'm sorry that you have come to grief in your dealings with unscrupulous keepers/breeders, but the motives of many here are more self-righteous and vicarious than practical, so you will rarely get an objective overview of any prospective association. From what I understand (and that's not much...) the article which is the reason for this thread didn't have anything to do with deceiving fellow reptile keepers and stealing their money.

I've never had a problem with my dealings with suppliers, and sometimes that has involved large amounts of money, but I always ask around before committing funds to any purchase. You can usually find out on the grapevine what people are like to deal with.

J.

It's pretty easy to find out about the nature of those with whom you intend to deal, without being influenced by a lynch mob here. I understand your argument ShadowDragon, and I'm sorry that you have come to grief in your dealings with unscrupulous keepers/breeders, but the motives of many here are more self-righteous and vicarious than practical, so you will rarely get an objective overview of any prospective association. From what I understand (and that's not much...) the article which is the reason for this thread didn't have anything to do with deceiving fellow reptile keepers and stealing their money.

I've never had a problem with my dealings with suppliers, and sometimes that has involved large amounts of money, but I always ask around before committing funds to any purchase. You can usually find out on the grapevine what people are like to deal with.

J.[/QUO

I understand completely what you are saying and agree with you. BUT for some people especially newcomers they have no understanding of how the grapevine works or how to use it

Sorry Pythoninfinite
I couldn't edit my reply....what I meant was some people are not in the grapevine loop and have no idea how to access it
Cheers
Sandee :)

J.

Funny you should mention asking around, I did that with the worst offender and only received good feedback. Glowing in fact. It was only after I'd dealt with them, and was ripped off, that anyone said anything bad, and only after I bought up the fact I'd been had. They hadn't wanted to say anything before because no one else had. My point before about trying to find real information about breeders and wading through all the hype given by people who are hangers on was made for precisely this reason. You can ask all you like and still get a bum steer.

While the article may or may not be about someone ripping people off, it may provide some clue to how they conduct their business. If I'm after healthy, captive bred animals and I get worm ridden, clearly WC stock, I'm not going to be happy. If I read about someone being done with large amounts of WC stock, I know to steer clear or at least walk into the deal knowing there may be parasite issues. At least then it's my fully informed choice. Who knows what the problem here is, but whether or not it's relevant to my - or any other buyers- circumstances is for me to decide. If it's in the paper, and the person is being charged with an offence then I don't see why posting it here is an issue. I'm not taking delight in their problems, although I suppose some might, I'd just rather have all the facts available.

Last edited:
for most ppl this is the grapevine... so if you cant find out here, what do you do.. ring 100 herpers & take a survey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back