Are these ok for Wooden enclosures?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bl69aze

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
https://www.kellyvillepets.com.au/c...et-right/products/heat-mat-w-controller-7watt

as title says, i went to camos reptiles and bought some stuff

5* for him by the way! he did cut me off for completely different topics but he was full of info ahah

anywayyyy i bought the heat mat in link above ^

and i didnt think about it at the time that perhaps glass and wood enclosures require different mats and on the box it says to stick it to outside of glass enclosure.

well i have a wood enclosure, do i not take the sticky protection stuff off? can i stick it on the inside of the wooden enclosure (if i put a tile over it ofc)'

thanks guys :)

Personally I wouldn't use it in a wooden enclosure. They are designed for the outside of a glass enclosure. It probably has something to do with the design and possibility that if scratched hard enough the metal inner would be exposed setting up a very dangerous situation where the animal or even yourself could be electrocuted.

You can use it inside an enclosure by sandwiching it between 2 tiles and use in a way it is not buried in substrate but it is not going to give a lot of heat, more useful for under hatchy tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back