Are these Stimsons Pythons?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dg

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a breeding pair of Stimsons Pythons, and have been offered this pair of Antaresia stimsoni orientalis. However, I was expecting much larger blotches, and the large female in particular looks very much like childreni. I'm no expert (hence this post), and living in Europe does limit the number of people keeping this species who I can contact for their opinion.

I have to say, I've no reason to think I'm being deliberately misled - the seller has bred these and advertised the offspring as orientalis. But there is just a nagging doubt with me. I'm waiting for a reply from the breeder where these snakes originated from, but in the meantime I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts. I have been told that the smaller snake looks like the NSW form of orientalis.....

Attachments

• geof 005[1].jpg
    geof 005[1].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 274
The faded pattern one looks very childreni for sure but the thing that would put me off the sale straight away is the poop and dirty water bowl.....

Well I agree with you all! I have actually contacted the guy who bred these originally. They were originally "collected" as orientalis, but there's no record of exactly where in Australia this was......

In some ways it's irrelevant whether they're childreni or orientalis. The fact that most people would consider them to be childreni means that any young from the animals would not be considered to be orientalis anyway. I wouldn't feel good advertising any young as orientalis either. Thanks for looking, and thanks for those that replied.

You can count the loreals.
An orientalis got more loreals than an childreni.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar question about this animal but think it looks more like a spotted with some Stimson features. I am not looking at buying or swapping by the way , just curious.

uhy7upat.jpg

I have a similar question about this animal but think it looks more like a spotted with some Stimson features. I am not looking at buying or swapping by the way , just curious.

uhy7upat.jpg

Defiantly a Spotted not stimson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back