Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your faith?

• Catholic

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Anglican

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other Christian

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Other Eastern

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Scientology

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Atheist/No religion

Votes: 158 59.4%
  • snake fanatic

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

abbott75

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
BEFORE I START: Lets try to be adults. This is a controversial topic, and obviously we wont all agree. But can we try to keep it clean and not let the thread degenerate? Please? Nobody likes infractions.

Well, does anyone have a faith? Just curious as to the religious affiliations of APS :)

Personally, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

anyone see the other day the church roof that fell down killing a hand full of church goers and wounding 50 odd? Mmm... I'm glad that doesnt confuse me... Athiest.

I go to the pub on Saturday religously.........

Last edited:
I am not religious, I feel it is the cause of too much pain, devastation and war in the world, so hence I chose other, that being "no religion"... I don't want to be apart of all the politics etc that cause that much destruction and devastation...

I do have my own beliefs and morals, but I will never be religious... Being non-religious doesnt make you a bad person... does it? :shock: I feel I am still a good person with good morals etc. So aslong as I "stay true to myself" lol I will be fine...:lol:

The only way I would lose sleep at night is if I done something I knew was wrong and against what I believe etc... Being part of no religion doesnt make me feel any less of a person nor do I lose sleep over it... I actually sometimes feel I am a better person for it.:p

I still drink alcohol occasionally... and I have fun... Afterall, studies have proven a glass a day is good for you :D :lol: Although I hate wine, so beer is my substitute :lol: I don't smoke or do drugs... I do swear tho occasionally... but try to avoid it as much as possible... But all in all I feel I'm doing alright, and I spose its still sticking to the beliefs of most religions to a degree, just without all the controversy:)

Plus I'm not going to not do something just because an old book says so... i.e. not have a birthday because Pagans got Jesus's birthday wrong or something...I was still born on the right day and I know it! Just because its fuzzy when his was, doesnt mean the whole world should deny themselves of theirs when they KNOW when it is...Its a good time to celebrate another year gone by unharmed and safe and catch up with all your long lost friends and family etc... Nor am I not do christmas because it's not when Jesus actually died or whatever... I still feel it is an important time of year to spend with your family and catch up with all your loved ones etc. Presents or not doesn't bother me... I still celebrate on all those days, but for different reasons to what their original meanings were...I use it mainly as a time to spend with family and friends and have a good time catching up with them.

Oh and I was baptised or whatever as Church of England/Anglican, but have no clue as to what their beliefs and stuff are LOL! And hence, don't practice it...

Haha sorry, bit of an essay... but thats my rant over for now...

Last edited:
Damn! No religion/athiest wasnt there when I voted, and I cant change it...:( Ahhh well... statistics is messed up now... lol... I'm sure I wasnt the only one who voted other when it wasn't there...

A bit of shopper. Mum was Christian when I was eight (and now is a Pastor, she married a Rev.) I believe something is out there, even if it is just life and the energy that binds it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back