Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your faith?

• Catholic

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Anglican

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other Christian

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Other Eastern

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Scientology

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Atheist/No religion

Votes: 158 59.4%
  • snake fanatic

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was going to say. Using a book of faith as "evidence" to back up your claims and beliefs (which are derived from said book of faith anyway) can hardly be ued as irrefutable proof. I mean I could use The Folk of the Faraway Tree to back up my claim that ther are a revolving selction of worlds in the tree at he bottom of my garden, but that wouldn't make it so.

Atheists don't use "just because" as evidence to back up their claim, they use scientific evidence such as proof of evolution to dispute religious stories such as Creationism, and demand some kind of proof before they will accept the existence of an omnipotent being. In the absence of this proof, they argue that there is no support for the claim of the existence of God.
So, you're a closet Agnostic, then, Jess.:)

I tried today inspired by this topic to swear on the bible.
Placed the book in front of me and start swearing at the great book.
No fun to swear on bible if there is not swearing back.
Book is holy.

Snake fanatics are beating the Muslim religion now. We are doing well.:D

If ppl were all good, it would be great, but that will never happen. Religion teaches goodness, but there are some that goes too far which i dont like. But in general it teaches goodness.

i never said you needed to be in a religion to be good.

I dont even consider myself to be a fully commited buddhist, if i did i wouldnt wish evil ppl to be dead !
I just feel "comfortable" to being a buddhist as its the choice i made for meself. It "teaches" me how to live a peaceful life. As i said, it "teaches", it doesnt mean that it will transform me to live that path way of life.
If i was strong enough, i would call myself an atheist. No need for spiritual guidance, but without any teachings, i might have a chance to lose control one day, and go and tear the heart out of the ppl that i hated before hehehhe.... just joking,.... but who knows....

And if an innocent person gets killed, of course i wont be happy. I would wish the person who killed the innocent person be killed himself.

I am the type of person that cant live with the thought of doing harm to someone in the " First Place " ... But if someone else does harm to me family, im not the type to let it go.

Thats why i wish evil ppl dead. And for me to say evil, i dont know who is evil or not, unless they have crossed my path and showed me their evil deeds in front of me eyes.

Book is holy.

In all honestly Slateman, even though you are the site owner and my comment may well get me infracted, that is one of the rudest/offensive comments so far on this thread, and i expected better from you

If everyone else is respecting each others beliefs and acting like adults, why cant you?

You know that there are Christians on here and that they hold their Bible sacred, and yet you make jokes about swearing at their 'great holy book' !

Last edited:
But thanks for this interesting thread, its enough for me.....

dont want to argue with anyone.

Religion is a very sensitive matter.... and its not something that i wish to pursue to discuss any further, because the only outcome would be "arguments" !

Chill out everyone, and play with your reptiles instead of argueing or trying to claim you are right.... because in reality, we dont know whats on the otherside yet.

Book is holy.

Snake fanatics are beating the Muslim religion now. We are doing well.:D

PMSL Slateman................... did the book blush????

YAYY. go the Snakeologists!!!!!!!!! Who would their god be?? Set, the serpent god perhaps!!!!! LOL

And Dragonfly, I wholeheartedly agree, maybe we should just draw a line under all this, call it a day, and just agree to disagree. (and if Sex or Politics ever comes up as a new thread, I'm OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!! LOL)

If their is a God, why would he let the paint, i wanted to paint the deck with, not to be used in temps over 36c. its just hit 41 here, and all i can do is twiddle me thumbs and keep myself Hydrated on amber nectar. Why should we have to do it so tough.

In all honestly Slateman, even though you are the site owner and my comment may well get me infracted, that is one of the rudest/offensive comments so far on this thread, and i expected better from you

If everyone else is respecting each others beliefs and acting like adults, why cant you?

You know that there are Christians on here and that they hold their Bible sacred, and yet you make jokes about swearing at their 'great holy book' !

Becs...I'm sure Slateman didn't mean to offend anyone and he was probably just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Becs...I'm sure Slateman didn't mean to offend anyone and he was probably just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Yes but if it was anyone else who had said it, it would have been deleted for being offensive to others etc.

So, you're a closet Agnostic, then, Jess.:)

LOL I did notice that a bit as I wrote it - too hot to formulate an argument... ;)

No I don't believe there is a God, same as I don't believe there is a pixie with a baking fetish in my backyard making magical sweeties, but at the same time if I were proven wrong with hard evidence then I would be happy to open my mind to other possibilities.

Need to go for another swim now...

The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for
our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions.
The Da Vinci Code
Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans.
The Da Vinci Code

:shock: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back