Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your faith?

• Catholic

Votes: 25 9.4%
  • Anglican

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Jehovah's Witness

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Other Christian

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • Muslim

Votes: 9 3.4%
  • Other Eastern

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Scientology

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 28 10.5%
  • Atheist/No religion

Votes: 158 59.4%
  • snake fanatic

Votes: 10 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay..how do you get away with not voting?

Like i have said before i am not religious anymore so i guess next election ill have to sort something out. But all the JW's have to do is write a letter to the appropriate person explaining the religion and their beliefs in voting and governments and they are put on an exemplary list.

So, do I have that same right because I'm an athiest cause I hate being forced to vote?

You can be fined for enrolling to vote at 18 and not voting but if you have never enrolled to vote you can't be fined :? (Don't ask me how that works).

I noticed people having some problems with annoying JWs. Is that John Weigel?? Just kidding:)
the way to get rid of them is to ask "why do you think out of the billions of people born since the beginning of time ( since Adam and Eve) that you will be picked to be more righteous than another 144000."
The lady I said this to told me that Adam and Eve and the disciples and anyone from that time are insignificant. So I told her to tell me the year when people start to become significant. Even if it is this year you are up against 6 billion. There would be more than 144000 infants that have never committied a sin. That would make them more righteous than you.
She never came back. :)
Yippee!!

BTW i didnt realise atheists were a practicing group. It is not a faith, it is to have no faith.

Swearing on the bible is done a thousand times a day in every courtroom across Australia and I other countries as well, so why is it such a big deal?
On that note this thread has more than run it's course!

We have rule in moderators forum that if topic about religion or politic starts, somebody will get in the trouble.
Usually we close this type of debate quickly and ask people to start this serious debate in appropriate forums.

Not good to sort out all world problems on aps in chit chat where people are light minded and log in to enjoy and have a fun.

If you like to preach and tell people off because they are different and have not your values, please go door knocking and leave us be.
Not all people around the world are so single mindedly attached to religion.
If some of you are, please start religious forum to promote your view and don't attack people who are different here.
There is nothing wrong me to swear on the bible. This is my personal choice. I don't like to be called rude by some people in open forum. I did not named and attacked anybody for insulting my believes also.
One of them is my right to be happy and not to worry about burning in hell.
My joke is not as bad as the thread from hot catholic or other believer telling me that I will go to burn in hell.
By screaming that in churches and threatening all sinners to be punished that way is rude by my opinion. Specially when some of the so called sin is acceptable by society.
Whoo give rights to anybody to control other peoples believes.

As far as I know, I should be law obeying citizen in this country to be excepted.

I do not wish to be called names, and to be attacked for my believe be free , and not bound by any religious group or clan. I do have that rigt as much as some super riligious people.

If I decide to swear on bible, so be it. It is my way of communication with god.
My personal decision.

I am worshipping beautiful nature and natural habitat. But I don't go after people who don't have same opinion and plant impored plant in they garden. Why I should take that personally and get offended. I would have to be fanatical to do that. So please think about your self if you like to attack others for not being same like you, or not having same values. Maybe the fanatic nature of the human been is pushing.

Live happy live and let the others to do the same.

I did not attack anybody personally here. If that will happens again in future, remember it is against the rules.

If you like to be nasty to other members for any reason, politics or religion. Please leave aps forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back