Arnhem Land snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waruikazi

Legendary
Reaction score
This is some of the stuff i've found over the past few weeks and had a camera handy for.

Keelback
IMG_03531.jpg

IMG_03541.jpg

Another keelback that i pulled off the road, was one of the biggest i've seen but is apparently about the average size for out here.
DSC00366.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

A gwardar. It's in a maggot filled bin because it was rescued from inside a house and that's all there was to hold it in. Not the best pictures to show it but this snake was partially banded, the first one that i've seen like this in the wild.
NarwarlahT1classMarch20100492.jpg

P31501494.jpg

And a black whip
IMG_03751.jpg

IMG_03721.jpg

Enjoy

ewww, those maggots are gross!

great pix apart from that tho! :p

great pics Gordo ....and at least ya know now ,that if you get tagged by a whip (which is absolutely stunning in that pic) you get to have POLY ;)........

Thanks for sharing Gordo. Would love to go herping up there one day.

Hi Gordo,

Have you seen any Kingies yet? I'd love to see some photo's if you have. Also, are you anywhere near where Taipans have been found?

Great looking country Gordo, did you get any more shots of the environment.
It looks so green there.
The black whip is a ripper.

We live right on the edge of the floodplain and escarpment country. I'm not much of a pic taker and don't have much of the scrub/escarpment areas but a couple of the floodplain.

Crappy picture of the view from our back veranda.
25182_422591204407_784039407_534461.jpg

Floodplain clse to the East Aligator river
19551_359307769407_784039407_510944.jpg

This one just shows where the floodplain meets the escarpment along the oepelli road.
24593_407409954407_784039407_529014.jpg

Arial shot, we live about 20km east from where this pic was taken.
untitled1.jpg

Hi Gordo,

Have you seen any Kingies yet? I'd love to see some photo's if you have. Also, are you anywhere near where Taipans have been found?

Some mates managed to get across the East aligator river yesterday and drove into Jabiru. They know their snakes and claim they saw a mulga on the road I don't know if their ID skills are good enough to trust though but it may have been. With the ammount of toads we have here i don't hold out much hope of ever finding one though.

Yes i am very close to where Saratoga photgraphed that tai that tagged him on the finger, he was outside the escarpment area but the scrub where he found that one and the scrub around here is identical so i'm keeping my eyes open.

This whip was about 1.3m around about the average for all that i've seen. Found it the first day i was out here, poor thing was a bit crook and got taken by a hawk when i let it go lol.

17238_311626859407_784039407_489363.jpg

Great pics Gordo....... im even more keen to come up now.! You will have lots to show me.

That Black Whip Snake is so glossy!

hey gordo, is this near where you are??

forgot i had the pic of that little guy in the last photo. anyone know about him?

Attachments

• injulak hill 1.jpg
    injulak hill 1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Arnhemland (46).jpg
    Arnhemland (46).jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 161
  • Arnhemland (32).jpg
    Arnhemland (32).jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 211
Yep that's us. You can see my house in that middle pic lol.

I haven't a clue what that skink is but it is a good looking character.

what a place you live in,what am i doing here in sydney when there is places like that,and some spectacular snakes. Look at the size of that whip what a great specimen

what a place you live in,what am i doing here in sydney when there is places like that,and some spectacular snakes. Look at the size of that whip what a great specimen

From the outside it looks awesome and idealic, in reality it's a pretty bloody ordinary place to live lol. There really isn't much to do here apart from work and hope that you'll bump into some interesting animals.

Great looking place, Gordo. What a treat it would be to live there for awhile!

Regards,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back