• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Artist for tribute drawing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryony

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am looking for an artist to possibly do a tribute sketch/drawing from a photograph of my beloved dog who is sadly being put down tomorrow :cry:

I am willing to pay but have no idea how much something like this would be worth....

I may also want another drawn of my other beloved dog that passed a few years ago, I thought this would be a nice way to remember them and am open to ideas for it.

Thank you in advance,
Bryony

Sorry to hear that Bry :( Sounds like a good way to keep their memories alive.
Wouldn't work for my dog though because he's not allowed inside!!! lol :| (I know, I should go on tour).

lol
Yeah well ashes are just too.....in your face
Not aloud to bury in your yard - not that i would anyway
So i thought a tasteful non sappy drawing would be a nice way to remember them.

That's so sad, I'm sorry to hear that Bryony :cry:

If you do a Google search on "pet portraits" or "pet artist" or something to that effect, you should be able to come up with a few options. You could also try eBay as I've seen artists offering their services there, and often it's cheaper if you purchase via eBay.

My partner and I also make memorial slideshows on DVD using photos of deceased pets, if you are interested in one of those feel free to PM me and I can show you an example of what we do.

Best of luck tomorrow :(

I know here at the markets and in town there are chinese artists, who do a great job of portraits.
If you live near something like that you could go and ask them, i have seen some wonderful animal portraits they have done for as low as $30

Thank you everyone :)
I am the ebay queen and i didn't even think of looking there....
I may also try chinatown or the markets....that is a great idea

Really sorry to hear about your dog. I had to have my beloved Rottweiller put down several years ago and it crushed me beyond belief.

We actually had him cremated and still have his ashes in the stone urn that we received from the pet crematorium. I think we used Pets at Peace in Sydney's western suburbshttp://www.petsatpeace.com.au/main.php and they were pretty good. I think its a few hundred dollars from memory but well worth it.

Pets at Peace http://www.petsatpeace.com.au/products.php
Phone number is 1800 636 797
White Stoneware Urns
$242.00 inc. our full cremation service
pic_cream_urns.jpg

100% Australian Made Handcrafted white stoneware urn. Includes our door to door service from your home or your vet (with care and dignity). We individually cremate your pet at our privately owned and operated pet crematorium. We then return your pet's ashes to your home or your vet.

It seems as though to have any type of tribute to your pet is very expensive :shock:

I may just get a small plaque and nice photo and photo frame, unless someone here wants to draw for me still....

I could try bry but im not that good...

P.S i have your necklace :p i found it under a certain losers bed

I could try bry but im not that good...

P.S i have your necklace :p i found it under a certain losers bed

You are a great artist darling :) have you tried portraits before?
Yeah been missing that necklace for a while.......:eek:

You are a great artist darling :) have you tried portraits before?
Yeah been missing that necklace for a while.......:eek:

ive done a few horses and dogs and that, like i said i could try if you wanted if not i dont mind, however i will be greatly offended and never talk to you again!

will post your necklace asap seen as it wont get done by some other loser :p

Does your local TAFE or similar run art classes?
Talk to the teacher if they do, someone there may be willing to do it for a less than exhorbitant price.
I got a portrait of my missus painted by a friend I used to work with, because he was still learning he did it at cost, free practise for him and it turned out great.

Their is that cartoon person who always atvertises in Reptiles Australia Mag, and had a slightly biger article in the recent one. I dont know whether they would do what ur looking for but maybe.

Bry - I would probably get a real nice frame with a plaque and put the photo in that, I think that even a great portrait won't capture your pup the same where the photo will without a doubt...

Bry - I would probably get a real nice frame with a plaque and put the photo in that, I think that even a great portrait won't capture your pup the same where the photo will without a doubt...

Yeah i was thinking that.....Simple and effective....
Would still be nice to see drawings...

lol
Yeah well ashes are just too.....in your face
Not aloud to bury in your yard - not that i would anyway
So i thought a tasteful non sappy drawing would be a nice way to remember them.

I know where not allowed to bury them in the yard but some rules are menat to be broken. Hugs to you too Bryony. Why not try the markets like Parklea or Paddy's etc and go to one of those artists that don't charge much and seem to do a nice job of photos?

Simone.

I know where not allowed to bury them in the yard but some rules are menat to be broken. Hugs to you too Bryony. Why not try the markets like Parklea or Paddy's etc and go to one of those artists that don't charge much and seem to do a nice job of photos?

Simone.

Yeah don't worry we won't dob you in ;) and a 2kg snake is alot easier to bury than a 35kg dog.
I think i may try the markets...

I'll say one thing is for sure....people cash in on grief :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back