• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Artist for tribute drawing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i should imagine 35kg is much harder than 2.5kg. It really is horible how they cash in. It was going to cost me 176 to to Pets at Peace but even though it's cheaper than a dog which they charge $240.00 for, i think i'd rather bury my snake in her fave sunning spot in the yard, and use 176.00 to get a better cage for her son. I'm so glad i kept some of her offspring. Hoep all works ok for you Bryony.

Simone.

Bryony my daughter said she'd do 1 for you heres a few pics of her work.

Shes just a hobbyist helps fill in her day.

pm me if you want to see more.

cheers pete

Attachments

• 2007_0621Image0006.jpg
    2007_0621Image0006.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2007_0621Image0014.jpg
    2007_0621Image0014.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2007_0621Image0004.jpg
    2007_0621Image0004.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 24
wow she is really good :)
I would love for her to draw my puppy dog :D

Hi Bryony,

I'm so sorry to hear about that:(When our dog died we had a plaque made in the memory of her and put it up next to the front door.

I know what you mean about local artists they are VERY expensive. Although I don't consider myself an artist (yet;)) I've done a few paintings recently. Here are some links to show you examples of some of the paintings I do. The bear painting was done about 8 months ago for a highschool project and the mermaid one is quite recent, done only a few weeks ago. The mermaid is the only painting I've done that even comes close to human features, the rest of my paintings are animal related. As you can see they're not perfect, I'm still in high school;) Since I'm no perfect artist I don't charge such rediculous prices, and only charge for the materials used such as the canvas and paints. Although, sometimes I just don't "feel like" painting, if you get me? When the case is that I don't have the "feel" for painting something and I totally screw up the work, I don't charge anything.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/66Missy66/IMG_00999.jpg
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/66Missy66/IMG_00966.jpg

I know you said you want a sketching or a drawing but I'm yet to have a go at sketching and drawing portraits, I can only paint for the moment. How I work is the person gives me a few of their most loved photographs and I choose the one that works for me and paint it. I say a few photographs because 1.with more photos I can get a good picture in my head of the animal's body shape etc. and 2.some photos just work better.

If you find someone who does nice works and doesn't charge an arm and a leg then by all means go with that person because I'm not a perfect artist and still learning, but as I said I can give it a try for you, and I'll do my best, and if I totally screw it up I won't charge a cent, or if you're not happy with it I also won't charge a cent for it.

If you're interested send me a pm or we can talk more through email [email protected]

Sorry for the long post:)

Oh, and some feedback on those 2 paintings would be awesome guys;):DThanks.

Michelle.

Theres a lady called Dr jay harley from North goulburn who provides tailor made artwork for any purpose.Shes in this months reptiles Australia magazine.Contact her on 02 48298370 or go to there website at www.mcdonaldHarley.com

grimbeny said:
Why cant u bury them in the backyard?
It is illegal
I just saw this..are you serious? How ridiculous!
I never knew that and throughout my varied pet keeping life I have buried a few animals in our backyards.
What law is it? I mean, local? State? Or council?
And why would it matter if you buried something in YOUR yard/property if:
A) you don't live near water
B) you don't have power/gas/water pipes running through where you plan to bury your pet
C) you bury it deep enough

*is not happy with the unfair monopoly that pets at peace and similar companies have on society*

:p

Last edited:
I just saw this..are you serious? How ridiculous!
I never knew that and throughout my varied pet keeping life I have buried a few animals in our backyards.
What law is it? I mean, local? State? Or council?
And why would it matter if you buried something in YOUR yard/property if:
A) you don't live near water
B) you don't have power/gas/water pipes running through where you plan to bury your pet
C) you bury it deep enough

*is not happy with the unfair monopoly that pets at peace and similar companies have on society*

:p

I don't quite remember why.....
I remember from my vet nursing days that we were not aloud to give the animal back to the owners for burial cause of some law.....
I think it was to prevent community issues, possible land issues from incorrect burying and maybe to just get crematoriam sales higher :rolleyes:

hi bry if your interested I can whip up a few scetches of your beloved babies anywhere from 1 day to a week depending on size and if you would like it framed or not.
Price will varry depending on size and if you want it framed, I will need 2 different pics of each dog so I can capture the best angles etc. I paint as well, and at the moment I am putting my main artistic flare into family portraits. PM me if interested. I have PMed you about contact details as well and will post pics of my drawings soon.

cheers Jody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back