Aspen bedding..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becca-Marie

Reaction score
Is this good to keep snakes on, specifically hatchlings? Ive seen alot of people using it and it looks nicer than newspaper imo.
Sent from my LG-P690f using Tapatalk 2

Ive been using Aspen with a Woma and he seems to be fine with it. Have been warned by others on this site that some snakes are allergic to it. So far Im happy with it. Absorbs well no smell.

yeah newspaper does NOTHING to absorb the smell. Im thinking about using it in my click clacks as well as for my woma. do you feed your woma in the cage as I've heard alot of people say that you should feed them oustide with this sort of bedding?

Feed in a seperate container or on newspaper, paper towel etc as the aspen can stick to the prey item and the snake will ingest it. I would feed them outside of the enclousre, just to be on the safe side :)

I figure im going to cop a tonne of bites doing it that way especially with my woma - when its food time everything is food. Its not bad now as they are little but i wonder how id go with this when they are bigger?

I guess a snake hook and a pair of heavy duty gloves wouldn't help? :p It is a little tricky but definitely worth it! I have it for my spotted and she loves it. I just use a snake hook to get her out into a tub and then feed her and hook her back in :)

Awesome idea will do that thanks heaps

I have swapped all over my snakes over to it,

Not to dear and I just spot clean as need be, looks good, really absorbent and quick cleaning times.

Am trying out In a couple of enclosures, and am impressed, will be changing to all enclosures apart from the Olives.
beats sneaking around knicking the neighbours newspapers...:)

Why not use hemp? A sustainable renewable locally produce product, and so you save all that energy required to transport from the other side of the world.

Why not use hemp? A sustainable renewable locally produce product, and so you save all that energy required to transport from the other side of the world.

I 2nd that. I am using it at the moment on my bhp and it is awesome.

Worse product on the market! Gets stuck in there mouths, one of mine ended up with canker from it n one of my womas shat out a solid poo of compressed aspen, n it ends up in water bowl all time

y7ybydar.jpg

Did you feed your snakes on the substrate? That looks nasty!

Oh my gosh! Ill never feed on it

Common sense would tell you not to feed in their enclosure if using as a substrate. No idea why anyone would do that.

Who in there right mind wants a substrate you can't feed on.
It's all fair and well to say common sense would tell you.. But how are you to know untill you try

The_brad - what do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back