"Attack of the mad snake"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foxysnake

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else on here happened to read the "That's Life" magazine and in particular an article called "attack of the mad snake"?

I remember reading this story in our local townsville paper, and thikning what rubbish - and too me the snake in the pic looks like a water python. Rubbish like this concerns me, as I've no doubt it makes countless other people think snakes are attacking them and it must be a venomous brown or taipan etc. with ppl killing snakes left, right and centre over mistaken identity and stupid fears.

Not sure on this article your talking about but I know what you mean with the media showing things like this that confuses any uneducated people.
For example, My untie seems to think that every snake is a brown, and if its not a brown, its deadly, so of co**** they end up headless (thankfully I have changed her views)
Also know someone who saved a carpet on the back of some ones van driving along the motorway, got him to pull over, grabbed the snake off, the van driver was shouting "brown! kill it!" which is sad, a carpet!?! Lol, nothing like a brown. This is how they all end up headless
Could go on for longer with these stories!

Yep I saw that one, the pic has been on here before I cant find it in search though. It's a Water Python although its been written into the story that it was an "extremely dangerous eastern brown".
The thing that makes me cranky is its been about a year since it happened and these people are still going on about their 'bravery' at killing this obviously crazy snake :? and they are also getting paid for their nice little story.

The sad thing is if somebody did the same to a cat or dog that was attacking them there would be outrage. But because it 's an 'evil' snake it's perfectly fine:rolleyes:. Why hasnt the relevant government department prosecuted them? And why is it legal for them to profit from it?:evil:

The profit wouldn't have been much from the thats life story, I guess I'm more angry that they seem so proud of what happened.

Alais!!!. Townsvillian's lack many things, and most of it relates to education!!!. Link didn't work for myself as well!!!. Don't cha know " A good snakes a dead snake!!!". Or so I was told, an innocent 11 year old with a baby carpet, showing her mother in hope of keeping the adorable critter!!!. (i did by the way, until my brother killed it with kindness!).

Holy crap I didn't think any one could be so ignorant!
That's sad, and your right, so obviously a water python, worse part is the media publishing such junk.
"But if I was bitten by this thing, I reckon I'd be gone." HA!
The anti venom would definitely work against him after a bite from a python.

Lol at "They are chasing the frogs and the birds" so now they cant eat to survive without being horrible viscous creatures? Then a lot of animals in Australia should be treated the same?

Sorry, Double post, but..
Im such a nerd I wrote to the editor telling them how they should look into things properly before publishing such rubbish and feeding the public with more unnecessary fear to the already misunderstood reputation of these incredible reptiles blah blah blah:D

Sorry, Double post, but..
Im such a nerd I wrote to the editor telling them how they should look into things properly before publishing such rubbish and feeding the public with more unnecessary fear to the already misunderstood reputation of these incredible reptiles blah blah blah:D

good on ya Dan;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back