Attention Hawkeye heat source question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence5

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I asked a question the other day about heat sources I have to murray darlings that are a bit over 2 feet long, should I cool the temps down over winter or not. Just noticed you were on so thought Id ask
Cheers Justin :?:

cyber_crimes said
Day
Summer 32-30*
Spring + Autumn 28-26*
Winter 24-22* or 22-20* depending on age and species

Night
Summer 28-26*
Spring + Autumn 24-22*
Winter 20-18* or 18-16* depending on age and species

I am appalled no-body values my advice :(
Same with the breeding of snakes I gave my opinions and everybody wanted pauls :(
I QUIT
lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't take it to heart CC! Just ask yourself how any sane person can take advice from someone wearing gloves :twisted:

Nup no body likes me every body hates me I think imma go eat worms :oops:

Hehe Afric,
I been waiting all day for a reply to this thread,everyone takes me too serious I swear lol (I was just mucking around and being sarcastic ) :wink:

Its a new post Hawks,
I guess Lawrence wanted your opinion on the subject so he directed the thread at you.

*mumbles something incoherently under hes breath*

The message was aimed at hawkeye because he was online at the time that the only reason :wink:
And cc I wasnsnt sure about using normal globes but is that info still being able to use for to murray darlings that are 16months onls and 700mm longs cheers Justin :D

Justin,
Using normal globes is fine,that is all I use in my enclosures,but I do paint them red with a heat resistant enamel so as not to interupt their light cycle.Id wait till the 2nd year before cooling the Murrays. Although it wont do them any harm,I'd prefer to keep them active,warm and eating during their first 2 years.With the exception of Diamonds,which I'd cool after their 1st 12 months. JMO! :)

Cyber what do you think about theie size they are 700mm long and are 16 months old. I ask this as some others on the site feel strongly bad towards the bloke I boughtt them off being Shane strong in morrisett. So i was just wondering how they are going they have put about 140mm on in 4 months cheers always
Justin :)

I'd prefer to keep them active,warm and eating during their first 2 years.

Any particular reason why 2 years and not 3 CC?

cheers M....

Cyber what do you think about theie size they are 700mm long and are 16 months old. I ask this as some others on the site feel strongly bad towards the bloke I boughtt them off being Shane strong in morrisett. So i was just wondering how they are going they have put about 140mm on in 4 months cheers always
Justin :)

Justin,
They sound of good quality to me.That seems to be roughly the average length for the age.

Fangs,
I used to cool all my snakes after their 1st year. (I read somewhere that if snakes wern't cooled as juveniles they may be sterile at an older age and considering cooling makes the males sperm viable I believed the theory)After a discussion with Paul,He assured me that its a bogus lie,as he has cooled some snakes as late as 4 and even 5 years of age,and I have heard of others not cooling untill real late in life etc.I guess its just a personal choice as I'd like to take both sides of the subject and sorta place myself in the middle cooling my snakes after their 2nd year rather than 1st or 3rd.But I guess everyone has different approaches to keeping herps.But it works for me as im yet to lose an animal :)

I only plan on keeping any of my pythons warm through winter in their first year. I think that agrees with what CC is saying. My reason is that I don't think it can really do any harm if done properly and it may even do some good. No evidence in my possesion that says it does do them good but it's what happens in nature and it also gives them a break from growing, gives them time to adjust IMO.
Lawrence, with the MD's being so small, I wouldn't cool them though. They are really quite a bit smaller then yearlings should be, my coastals are 4-5' at about 15months.

Serious Mags!
Thats big for their age IMO.
All my yearlings would have been roughly 80-90cm.
I wonder if it's because I dont feed rats till late in life.
I would have figured that Lawrences Murrays were only slightly smaller than average.Hmmm.....

Yep true story. I know Afro's coastals were a simliar size at the same age too. They are born at about 40-50cm so 70cm for 16 months old seems small for me :?

Kewl,
I just found a disc of a coastals records I had for a few months.She was 85cm at 11 months (when I purchased her) and 118cm at 17-18 months.
I knew my yearlings were roughly 80-90cm but,Had me thinking hard then lol.

Justin
It does seem your Murrays are a little smaller than usual.I was thinking yearling size as in roughly the 12month age :oops:

Yup, I tend to agree with Maggie on the size thing. Though you are mixing my Coastals up with My Bredli Magster cos I bought both my Coastals as adults.

Great info all, bu also are MD's a little bit smaller in size anyway. I know a few with them and they are always smaller than coastals or jungles
Cheers Justin

Sorry all, The last post where I sad my mds were onlt 70cm at 16 months was incorrect they are 70cm at 12 months. So they are fit and healthy and I have no problems with them.
Cheers Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back