aussie native gtps

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodluck.

There are about 2 in captivity (apparently..)

Can show you plenty of others though lol..

Goodluck.

There are about 2 in captivity (apparently..)

Can show you plenty of others though lol..

There seems to have been a very recent explosion in captive numbers:rolleyes:;)

Apparently there were some but they got picked up by customs at the border.Aussie ones too of course:lol:

one breeder has definately been producing 100% Aussie greens for a few years now.

it's like 90% of the locality stuff you see advertised, it's usually whatevers sought after or 'in' at the time, you usually see stuff advertised a such

one breeder has definately been producing 100% Aussie greens for a few years now.

Is that the guy who sells them straight out of the egg and wont have anything to say to you after the sale?

Is that the guy who sells them straight out of the egg and wont have anything to say to you after the sale?

I really don't know to be honest but if you are buying them straight out of the egg then I'd be making sure you and the breeder both knew exactly where you stood if any problems arised BEFORE the deal was struck

re aussie

it's like 90% of the locality stuff you see advertised, it's usually whatevers sought after or 'in' at the time, you usually see stuff advertised a such

Yeh splitty,i notice lately that every woma is a rockhampton downs.

There are only 2 of the offspring left from the legally obtained Aussie GTPs. These were the late Gow's animals which now reside with Tim at URS.

However, I have noticed lately numerous GTP's for sale advertised as Aussies, and from the attached pics some most definately are Aussies. It would appear some people may have visited Cape York

I dont want to cast doubt on any of the apparent Aussie GTPs but there is a one population in Indo that is identical to the Australian population.

GTPs from the population around Merauke , Irian Jaya are indistinguishable from Aussie green trees, both in appearance and at the genetic level.

So if one were to smuggle some of these into Australia it would be the perfect crime ,and nearly impossible to prove.

And to add to the temption you can buy farm bred Merauke GTPs for about $200 each over here.

Nick

I dont want to cast doubt on any of the apparent Aussie GTPs but there is a one population in Indo that is identical to the Australian population.

GTPs from the population around Merauke , Irian Jaya are indistinguishable from Aussie green trees, both in appearance and at the genetic level.

So if one were to smuggle some of these into Australia it would be the perfect crime ,and nearly impossible to prove.

And to add to the temption you can buy farm bred Merauke GTPs for about $200 each over here.

Nick

Are you sure that the png merauke locality and the aussie iron range/ mcillwraith locality are indistinguishable?
The current aussie gtps that are avaliable are dna profiled. The auussie gtps dont grow as big and are lighter in colour aswell, arent they?

I think their are 2 current lines of aussie gtp's, tims at urs and the ones advertised in reptiles australia. I think his name was michael cermak.

im pretty sure snake ranch will be selling them soon as do SXR and URS. and there have been like 2 clutches advertised on herp trader???

:)

That's very interesting Nick, especially given the fact that Australian GTP's seem to go for double the money of the others. Also as Merauke is just about the closest point to the mainland it would make sense that the 2 are identical, just a short boat trip away ;)

Ryan - That is the issue - how can they be guaranteed..? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back