Aussie Reptile Supplies online store?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello, Has anyone brought items from http://www.ausreptiles.com.au if so how is their quality. I am referring to the CERAMIC EMITTERS specifically, what is there average life span in your experience. as I'm looking to get a ceramic emitter because my inferred bulb blu after 5 months (I know that may be pretty good) but I just want something that will last longer.

Hi Brandon.

I have bought snakes from them and found them reliable and easy to deal with.

What reptile/s are you looking to provide heat for?

Hi Brandon.

I have bought snakes from them and found them reliable and easy to deal with.

What reptile/s are you looking to provide heat for?

Oh good I have a carpet python around a year old

You have a couple of other options for a carpet. Ones that are cheaper and last far longer in the long run.

* Heat cord between two tiles
* Radient heat panel

A CHM will do the trick as well. Just thought I'd throw some others in the mix.

You have a couple of other options for a carpet. Ones that are cheaper and last far longer in the long run.

* Heat cord between two tiles
* Radient heat panel

A CHM will do the trick as well. Just thought I'd throw some others in the mix.

What' a CHM?
Radiant heat panel seems a bit costly but I like the heat cord time idea. Would that keep the whole tank warm though?

CHM - Ceramic heat emitter

I know there have been threads on here in the past on the heat cord idea. Do a search and see what you come up with.

You don't necessarily want to heat the whole enclosure. Providing a place in the enclosure where heat is available is more the go. The heat cord idea covers this well as it also provides cooler areas for your python to retreat to.

we just do the old heat lamps at 1 end,seems to work well for our pythons.
Heat cords/mats only heat the floor
Isn't heating a spot on the floor all that's required for them to curl up on?? This is all I currently do for my macs, or is having a lamp that heats the air too beneficial somehow?

Heating the floor is fine. Especially if you put an insulative hide on it. macula will lie upside down if they want to heat their backs.

Yeah nice. I've got a 6.4kw system currently, 22x 290w panels. Can't wait to get my new outdoor 10,000 pond finished, that'll take some pressure off when the rest of the turtles go outside. No more heating and lighting required.

Each to there own.

Personally I use divided enclosures . Cool area, warm area warmed by means of radiator panel.
By having divided rooms you are heating only a relatively small area.
Opposed to the entire enclosure.

A hell of a lot cheaper to run than Ceramic Heat Emitters.

Fortunately they live long healthy lives.
Which ultimately makes the panel cheap or cheaper.

But that’s just my thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back