Aussie reptiles... YOU are building a solid future!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

There are a number of advancements in the Aussie herping world - both new and also those that have been underway for 2 decades or more. We have Albino's... Two headed everythings... hypos, hypers, and most importantly quality lineage breeding - especially over those countries where inbreeding is common place an their only choice. I'm sure that very soon, 'those' countries will start breeding pythons that have legs again..

The purpose of my post is not to slag off those countries that are less fortunate than ours - but to bring to everyone's attention the leaps and bounds that herps are taking in Australia at the moment - which is directly credited to you!

I'm quite excited by how Australia's herps are taking huge steps forward. A large percentage of these milestones are due to the work of a number of herping legends; names aren't necessary as we all know who they are (and there will be more to come shortly - there is a lot of 'quiet planning' taking place, and I can't help but think we will be seeing the fruits of these labours very soon!). We have Simon Stone, the absolute legend of Jungle Pythons (to say the least), and Roger Lester and The Devil.... we also have Indicus - the god of B&W Jungles. There are a number of other quality breeders out there that also deserve due respect and I personally extend my gratitude to you. These herpetologists - both known and also those ready to impress - should take great pride in the fact that they have progressed Aussie Herps to where we are now, and where we will be in the future.

This is a little message from a no-body, congratulating all Australian Herpetologists for your hard work - both in the workshop, in your budgeting, and dealing with your nagging wife/husband about the $$$, and why that spare room really needs 12 more power points, and the paranoia surrounding the black market that has cast a dim shadow over our passions.

You are all contributing - in one way or another - to ensure that Australia will remain one of the most revered countries when it comes to our A1 herps.

From me, I say well done! now grab a coldie, sit back and congratulate yourself for a job well done.

cheers and best regards,

Lockie

Couldnt have said it better myself, well done to all!!! :) We should all be proud!!

I'm not sure what countries you are referring to with "especially over those countries where inbreeding is common place an their only choice." I assume you are blindly following the belief that countries outside of ours don't have access to pure animals ? This quite obviously isn't the case.

Well said Lockie - we flog the yanks with our reptiles.
Let them have their inbred crosses, we have the best animals and breeders.

aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi

well said, couldnt agree more! and i hope to be one of these in the near future.. (need to start breeding of course lol)
congrats to all who are keeping it pure and beautiful

Nat ;)

Oh my God, even breeding reptiles has been turned into a competitive sport.

I'm not sure what countries you are referring to with "especially over those countries where inbreeding is common place an their only choice." I assume you are blindly following the belief that countries outside of ours don't have access to pure animals ? This quite obviously isn't the case.

I agree in regards to your comments Boa, People in Europe and the States and many other countries to boot have had access to locality specific animals from countries all over the world, just not Australia(Except illegally exported animals).

I also agree with the sentiments of Lockie though in regards to Herpetoculture here in Australia.
We have some awesome morph's and fantastic locality specific animals to work with, many of which are envied by the rest of the world.

It's a great hobby and a great country to boot!

Neil

Actually reptiles were legally exported to the world years ago AND many more illegally exported over the years.
My post was more in reference to this sort of thing "Well said Lockie - we flog the yanks with our reptiles.
Let them have their inbred crosses, we have the best animals and breeders.
aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi "
Is reptile breeding a new Olympic sport :)

thats all well and good that we are breeding FREAKS worth $$$$$$$$$$

but what about our threatened and endangered species and the destruction of habitat??

what are we doing towards that? isnt it more important than breeding some wack looking
mantle piece ornament???

i hope we as reptile enthusiasts can do something,
then we can really be proud of herpetology

Now THAT is well said.

thats all well and good that we are breeding FREAKS worth $$$$$$$$$$

but what about our threatened and endangered species and the destruction of habitat??

what are we doing towards that? isnt it more important than breeding some wack looking
mantle piece ornament???

i hope we as reptile enthusiasts can do something,
then we can really be proud of herpetology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back