Australian Air Express

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with AAE. They are changing the rules again to allow reptiles on the Dash-8 Aircraft (the ones that fly into "regional" areas) however this will take 2-3 months to be implemented.

Cheers

Whats the go with AAE Brisbane have they stopped shipping Herps.
Someone has stated that in the Herpshop classified.?
Is it true.
Paul

i called them Friday about it, she said she thinks they might be stopped so she called Brisbane to ask. She came back and said that flights that are QF and 3 digits (eg QF123) will take live reptiles.

-Penny

AAE is flying reptiles regionally in QLD again , Yahoooo
My uncle who worked in the states for 13 years as a lawyer had several phone conferences with Qantas big brass on my behalf and got the wheels in motion so that now reptiles are again reaching there country destinations ,
non venomous reptiles can be sent in strong plastic containers with lids taped and sealed to prevent escape ,
venomous snakes must be packed in wooden boxes and clearly labeled with lids screwed down,
price varies for each container depending on weight and size etc
but the main thing is reptiles can be delivered regionally again

Last edited:
That's great news...BUT... I wonder if the Brisbane depot has agreed to this
It's nearly a 2 hour drive for me and I hate it when I get there to be told all sorts of crap
sorta gets your blood boiling ... if only I could beleive it
Sandee :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Sandee ,
if only the level of competence of each AAE employee was at a high level at each airport ,
then the stuff ups would not be a problem,
the other thing is apparently the reason for the shut down in country area deliveries was because of reptiles escaping ?? dew to poor containment ?
hopefully if we all are better educated ,
things can run smoothly ,
Sandee
always call and confirm with AAE everything is ok before heading to the airport,

Umm ... yes I have done that too, called AAE and made sure they would accept the packaging
(as I have packed for the last 10 years) and even taken the name of the person that confirmed my packing was acceptable only to arrive and have it refused...as the person I had spoken to was conveniently "not available"
Anyway thanks Roger, someone has gotta have faith
maybe it's coz I am a girl .. lol
Sandee :)

i understand Sandee ,
after years of dealing with AAE , it is never much fun if things get stuffed up , ,

cheers

Last edited:
Aae run a business which utilises various road and air freight alternatives in the various freight legs. Only some aircraft have the necessary temperature controlled and pressurised freight compartment. I have shipped 1000's or animals including 100s of reptiles by air and find the staff of aae and most airfreight companies very helpful considering they are bound by the beaurocratic rules and regulations which have to accomnodate the wished of governing bodies crossing state and federal borders. A few reptiles are a very small cog in a very big machine. The easiest thing may be for that big machine to get rid of the small cog which makes soo much noise. If AAE's service suits you, use it. If not find an alternative.

Just a thing to keep in mind... The time you send them!!

I recently received my snake from AAE in Cairns, I was told by 13.... number that they were open to 10pm- slight drama... Snake was arriving at 10:15pm. Breeder told me AAE regulations that they can't shut until they have delivered live animals. I got to Cairns office to be told they are open until 1am (Phew!).

HOWEVER... They told me they just call Dogtrainers (or something like that name) and THEY take the animal/Wildlife for the owner to collect the following day from Dogtrainers. I don't know HOW they can do this- it is a LICENSED Animal- not for just anyone!!!

very very grateful.big effort on your part. THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is best not to send on a Friday as many AAE offices are closed on the weekend so the animals cant be picked up.

Just letting people know that quantas have changed their rules in regards to reptiles being transported on their flights. ALL air holes (no matter how small they are) need to be covered with mesh (ie. fly screen). It is in response to the carpets that escaped from their container on a flight the other month.

Found that one out this morning when i dropped off a couple hatchies, and thought people might like to know.

Josh

hi was just wondering what the go is with sending live snakes from sydney to melbourne is and if anyone has there number cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back