Australian Air Express

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most courier services will not frieght animals, especially snakes.

The only one I am aware of is Hobo, but he only runs the eastern coast once or twice a month (correct me if I'm wrong). But please do let me know if there are any other services that will freight snakes?

Cheers
Hobo doesn't opperate, on a regular basis, any more as a courier

My question remains- Does anyone ship reptiles using an overnight courier?

Many breeders use road couriers but keep them to themselves so novices dont "stuff the system" with incorrect proceedures.

The staff at AAE Melbourne are like ashtrays on motorcycles.. I have been waiting for reptiles and have watched as a careless staff member drop a small dog in its carry box to the floor..seriosuly its like a sheltered work shop!

Hey guys.

Gotta get a snake sent from Brisbane to Proserpine. I cant find the AAE website (?!?), can anyone tell me if they are still shipping herps?

Cheers,

Australian Air Express - Domestic

BRISBANE
Domestic Cargo Terminal
Dryandra Road
Brisbane Airport
Qld 4007
PO Box 627, Hamilton QLD 4007
Phone: 13 12 13
Fax: 07 3874 7074

dont know if they still ship herps, ring them and dont forget to ask what the boxing standards are now,

EDIT, just found this under their FAQ section, but i would still call and confirm the boxing requirements, you will need to call and book them in anyway

Reptiles how do we pack them?
Snakes under 60cm must be bagged, goose necked and in a hard plastic box. A snake over 60cm and any lizards must be bagged, goose necked and in a wooden box.

Last edited:
Mate i googled everything last night and the AAE website did not come up.

I just called, they do ship herps but not to the airport im after.

AAE TOWNSVILLE DOES NOT SHIP REPTILES ON WEEKENDS ANYMORE ?
I think this is a new policy that is australia wide.

No it depends on times, if they have connecting flights after certainties they wont accept them and some ports close anytime from midday on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAE are like a circus you dont know what to expect or who you will get at the counter.
Trying to contact them by phone is pretty hopeless.

They gave me a rant there about how they would onley except wooden boxes et etc so i turned up with a wooden box and it cost me 147 dollars because of weight,they then informed me that they will except plastic in plastic, god starve the lizards they drive you crazy!

Its the smaller people they really make the money from, i could of flew to the place myself for what i paid.

Meanwhile its the larger operators that get away with the dodgy packing,i reused one large foam box from a commercial adelaide company,they tryed to complain and stop me but i told them i got it through them and ile send it through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back