Axanthic carpet pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to argue but back crossing doesn't change the DNA of the animal significantly does it?
Its still line bred but back crossed to strengthen the line. Once we have completed back crossing what happens?.......Line breeding to produce the required visual trait.

Early Albino X Albino animals are generally very weak and die off quickly. Back crossing is only weakening the albino genetics while maintaining the ability to keep the ascetics that are required. The offspring from several generations could still be traced back to the initial Albino parent.

Im interested my first albino x albino clutch weighed up and fed great my third was **** house.

My question does the reduced fertility mentioned in albino Darwin include weaker hatchling? cause as it is I won’t be trying her again. She’s just my big ol puppy lol

No worries sorry I wasn’t saying you were arguing more that I wasn’t.

You still have to introduce some new blood now and then when line breeding don’t you? or you will get deformities like kinked spines etc

Last edited:
You still have to introduce some new blood now and then when line breeding don’t you? or you will get deformities like kinked spines etc

Can't say that I have bred enough animals to have an informed opinion on that but I do know that kinked spines can be an extension of incubation techniques, particularly associated to high temperatures at key times during egg development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back