Axkie humidity

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trewin

Reaction score
So i recently got an ackie monitor, and im a little confused when it comes to humidity. From what iv read its his substrate that should be moist so he can burrow, but not the air?He started shedding and i dont want him to loose fingertips or end of his tail. The heat light drys it out very fast so should i spray it like once a day? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Give him a decent hide box full of moistened sand. I made one using one of those click-clack style food containers with a hole in the top and a hole in the side with a short length of ag drain running out of it like a tunnel. It'll give him something moist to dig through which will aid shedding around his/her toes, and should stay moist for quite some time. Just don't pop it under your basking lamp, will cause it to dry out too quickly. Also plastic may soften/melt from the direct heat source.

Ok thanks, so the moistened tub of sand will sit on top of his regular substrate? i guess he can choose to use it if he wants, thanks.

Give him a light misting spray when he's shedding; this helps to get it all off.

I give him a water dish with a small amount of water he wallows in it when he needs to, and i spray em occasionally to help him shed so far working a treat

Alright thanks, he already has a water dish, but ill put in a humid hide, and spray his dirt every now and then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back