Baby Beardies Not Growing?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beardeddragon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've had a pair of baby bearded dragons for about 2 or 3 months now, and supposedly they were about 2 months old when I bought them, but they have barely grown at all? They both have UV, heat( 40-50 deg hot end) and are eating some vegetables/fruit and lots of crickets. I've seen people who have had dragons this age that are huge compared to mine, mine have grown a little but they are still very small. Should they be growing fast at this age?

Cheers

What UVB are you using?
How often are you using supplements?
Are they housed together? If so, I would separate them.

I had a male bearded dragon he was small only just got over 40 cm where as another I had was over 50 cm but female
what size are they just thinking are they pygmy bearded dragons

I agree with above.
I would think they are pygmy

they should be eating machines at that age. Literally should be able to smash crickets 2-3 times a day and vegies also. Make sure your UVB is 10.0 rating and it is within about 20cm from the dragons and unobstructed by glass.

They are eating machines aha. They were initially together for the first month or so so that might have slowed them down a bit, seperated now, outback max UVB tube and I'm waiting on getting a uvb tube for the other tank at the moment it just has compact uvb bulb things. They aren't pigmys, they are centrals I bought them from an experienced reptile shop in Adelaide(Reptile City). While they were being housed together the dominant one grew significantly more but he has slowed down a bit.

As many as they want daily, cockroaches too. Average probably 10-30 a day, one of them isn't as much of a keen eater and maybe only eats 10-20.

yeah cool keep it up mate. Also keep dusting those crickets with calcium and vitamin powder. They will love you for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back