Backyard blue tongue relocation?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

killimike

Reaction score
Some friends of mine have a bluie that lives under a shed in their backyard.

They say they would like to move it on, as it apparently goes inside the garage and craps on the floor regularly.

I suggested it might be a lot easier just to seal up wherever it is getting into the garage. But if I can't get them to take that route...

Apparently the bluie takes off if you get too close, so they can't just catch it when they see it, is there a method of trapping it? Really big drop trap :)

Let them know trapping or interfering with any protected wildlife is illegal and if they want the animal removed, it needs to be carried out by a suitably qualified relocator. have you mentioned Bluies are an asset around any home and keep the snails out of the garden? Keeping any door closed when not in use is a good idea because it's not only Bluetongues that get in, especially on hot days. perhaps you could point that out aswell??

Good luck!

There doesn't sound like any good reason to relocate the Bluey, so I seriously doubt that any wildlife rescue groups would relocate it.
As mentioned by IV above, have a good talk with them about the benefits and how fortunate they are to have such a beneficial and iconic species living in their garden!

Let them know trapping or interfering with any protected wildlife is illegal and if they want the animal removed, it needs to be carried out by a suitably qualified relocator. have you mentioned Bluies are an asset around any home and keep the snails out of the garden? Keeping any door closed when not in use is a good idea because it's not only Bluetongues that get in, especially on hot days. perhaps you could point that out aswell??

Good luck!

came across a big blue tongue in my grandparents shed in blacktown . Was very fat and moved slowly because of it. Once removed whilst cleaning out the shed, we realised he was camped at the end of a mouse hole. Guessing this ones diet was primarily mice.

was put back under the same lawn mower in the same spot and saw him regularly basking

Yeah, I will go the education route. I think he is getting it some way other than the open door, but blocking it off somehow is still the number one option I suggested.

They are sensible people, they won't do anything they to hurt the fella :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back