Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spilota

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Here are some pix of the critters that we have had in our back yard and that excludes a baby Coastal Carpet Python that the dog bailed up a few days ago because I ran out of film. But I'll get pix of her to you later.
Red-belly Black
Red-belly Black.jpg

Gecko
Gecko 2.jpg

Frog
Frog.jpg

Blue-tongue
Bluey.jpg
;)

It was around 10:00pm. But I thought that it was a Red-belly Black.:? But I am open to peoples opinion. Small-eyed snake you say? Yeah, the eyes were small, but not unusually small. The belly was white with shades of red.

I have seen them in the back yard during the day, but they have been here at night as well.:? Are they venomous?:shock:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing its good having wildlife like that at home.

Im no expert with elapids but it doesnt look like a rbbs to me either, I dont even know if they still live in Brisbane these days :? the only snake that looks like that in brissy would be a small eyed snake. Either way it will pack a nasty bite so dont get bitten, small eyeds would pack more a of a punch than a rbb of similar size(as far as i know). Dont stand on them or pick them up and you will be fine :)

I havnt seen many snakes this season in my yard, as there is heaps more plant cover from all the rain. I was lucky enough to see a marsh snake basking today, but it must have seen me as it was gone when i came back for pics :( It was the first black one i have seen around my area, much like ryan harveys avatar(see above).

I had a "pink" gecko fall on me the other night when I opened the backdoor. He was too quick for me to get the camera but he was about10cm long and definitely pink. I have no idea what kind he was.
Nice pics Spilota, especially the bluey & the frog.
OMG!!!!! Look what just flew in my front door!!!!! He spent 10 mins & then left by the back window [ knew I left the screen out for a reason] WOW!!!! A southern boobook owl. That has made my night!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah the Geckos can be hard little buggers to get a photo of. I had a window full of them but as soon as they saw the camera, they scattered.:evil:

I DID:shock: pick that little black snake up. Had to get him in the bucket somehow. I did treat him with the respect of a highly venomous snake though.:| Won't do it too often.

Sorry. My owl is not a herp but he is a backyard critter. Lucky the camera was handy!!

Big Kev said it 1st " I'm excited!!":eek::eek: What a rush. I didn't want him to hurt himself cos he flew into the window a few times but I wanted pics of him. Luckily my dogs are used to birds flying around the house:rolleyes:. No harm done. He left when I turned all the lights out. I guess he could see better then! :D :D

Great looking Owl Kakariki, we sometimes get the Frogmouth Owls.

Anyway, I just came from releasing the baby Carpet Python that the dog bailed up the other day. It's a real pleasure to watch them slither back into they're native habitat. As long as it doesn't get snapped up by one of our Owls.:shock:

Here's a pic of a baby Python that was rescued and released late last year. Note the "Monty Python" feature on the newspaper under the rock.:lol:

Wild baby Python.jpg

Here are some pix of the critters that we have had in our back yard and that excludes a baby Coastal Carpet Python that the dog bailed up a few days ago because I ran out of film. But I'll get pix of her to you later.
Red-belly Black
View attachment 43539

Gecko
View attachment 43540

Frog
View attachment 43541

Blue-tongue
View attachment 43542
;)

now im jelous cause i want a backyard like yours. ours is a down hill slope with just a few bark trees. u can practicly go herping when ever you want and not waste petrol.

100% Red belly Black !

Really? I believed that it is, checking and cross checking my reference book and I also concluded RBB. I am happy to see them to because apparently the Cane Toads are killing them off.:x

Thanks Ryan93. It is good to walk into the bushland at hight and see what is down there. The party animals come out then.;)

I had a "pink" gecko fall on me the other night when I opened the backdoor. He was too quick for me to get the camera but he was about10cm long and definitely pink. I have no idea what kind he was.
Nice pics Spilota, especially the bluey & the frog.
OMG!!!!! Look what just flew in my front door!!!!! He spent 10 mins & then left by the back window [ knew I left the screen out for a reason] WOW!!!! A southern boobook owl. That has made my night!!!!
Hope your not the superstitious type but the general vibe is that a bird flying into your home is a really bad sign ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back